“Great place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Lombard
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed 28 November 2011

This hotel is a little out of the way from downtown Chicago but,is well worth the drive.If you just need a clean,comfortable,safe place to stay this is it.The staff was friendly.The only drawback was the breakfast could use a little work but for the price it is an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank lrwalker6986

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New England USA
Reviewed 25 October 2011

When I read the other reviews, it prompted me to write because the difference with this location is the staff are great. Yup, it has the basics for the price, but Bobbi Jo and her staff do take care of me as I travel alot, and they see me monthly. I have been watching them for nearly a year, and they are always friendly with the check-in of others as I stand behind them in line for my turn. They go out of their way to help people who are not happy with their stay. I wanted to commend the front desk and the ladies who manage the bar in the evenings. I would tell you which rooms to stay in, but my fear is I will not get it because you would take it before me!!! If you want quiet, stay on the east side.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank WarmVacations
St. Louis
Reviewed 13 October 2011

My husband booked two rooms for our family at this hotel through Priceline. As we were traveling with our 3 children, we were hoping to get two adjoining rooms. Unfortunately, due to a wedding party staying at the hotel, there were no adjoining rooms available, so we were relegated to two rooms next to each other. While the rooms themselves were clean and nicely decorated, our stay was far from pleasant.

1. The aforementioned wedding party was like something straight out of Jersey Shore. As waves of them returned to the hotel at one hour intervals from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. our first night, we were awakened again and again by their loud voices and lengthy hallway discussions. At one point one of them almost tried to open the door to my room thinking it belonged to someone in their party. So, did I call the front desk? No, because......

2. There was only one elevator for the property, and it was extremely SLOW! (There was no way the front desk staff could have gotten upstairs in time to help us.) During the day, the housekeeping staff monopolized the usage of this one elevator filling it with their carts. I've stayed in numerous other hotels and never met a housekeeping staff who acted so entitled to the elevator. They actually seemed put out that the guests may want to use the elevator and never once stepped out of the way to allow a paying customer to use the elevator first.

3. The sound insulation was horrible. I am so thankful we were on the top floor for, at least, we didn't have any noise of walking feet over our heads. Not only could we hear all of our floormates' voices in the hall so clearly that they sounded as though they were standing next to our bed, but every door that was shut sounded like a slam and our next door neighbor's electric toothbrush woke us up.

4. The breakfast room furniture was poorly arranged. It was difficult to get your food without sticking your behind in some poor guest's face as the tables were much to close to the food area. Over half of the seats looked directly into the morning sun with only flimsy sheer curtains to shade you.

5. The woman who staffed the breakfast room both mornings was as slow as molasses. It took her 20 minutes to get around to replacing the biscuits after she was asked. Despite what looked like a nice spread of food, it was never all there due to her slow speed.

While the hotel is conveniently located off 355, you can only turn right (east) onto North Avenue, so, depending on where you are going, you may have difficulty either leaving or returning to the property due to the median.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank StLouisMom3
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 September 2011

it's your basic fairfiield - except it has a bar. There's nothing wrong with it. It's clean, somewhat well kept up. You won't go wrong here. If you are looking for a nice, clean room and that's about it, then this is your place. There is no wow factor. Location is good - close to freeway.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Pewsey UK
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights on a busienss trip with colleagues. The hotel had been selected and booked for us by our travel agency whose simple criteria seems to be "Within 20miles of where you need to be and within budget"

Anyway the hotel itself as a budget place to flop is fine. Check in was good and the rooms were clean. There is wifi - it was free and it worked. Beds were comfy. Simple buffet breakfast - but plentiful

First suprise is the air-conditioning : Mine turned itself on about 3am with a MIGHTY WHOMP & WHINE - scared the living crap out of me to the point I fell out of the other side of the bed. This was not a unique experience as it happened to one of my colleagues as well. (My other colleague had the bonking couple in the next room experience - "Yeah baby, Yeah baby, Yeah baby . . . ." etc - Always a joy - I like to thump on the wall at the wrong moment !)

There is a bar - we didnt go in - We were advised that the food option in the bar was "popcorn" Somehow we needed something a bit more substantive . Across the road (Literally across the road - you can se it from reception) there is a totally excellent bar (If you like Motorbikes and loud music) called the Brauer House - Good selection of beers and pizza. A fine, freindly and eclectic crowd. We had a good time both nights.

Second suprise : We ask reception what the best way to get the bar WHICH WE CAN SEE is. The answer - you get into your car - take a right out of the hotel, after 1/2 a mile you come to some lights and throw a u-turn ! Honestly . . . anyway we walked - took less than a minute.

So on average - its was an OK stay - If only for a few days, I wouldnt object to staying here again

Room Tip: Take ear plugs