Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 4, 2018

I must admit to having trepidations in staying here. Our Plans were fluid and when I called to cancel I found out I had mistakenly booked a non-refundable room via hotel.com. When I spoke with the owner he was very nice and offered a room credit for a future stay, He was so nice in fact that we decided to stay here even though our plans had changed.
The owner and his wife could not be more anxious to please. We reserved a king room and it was HUGE! Much bigger than we expected. The hotel is pet friendly for a very reasonable 10.00 fee. The bed and bedding were comfortable. The room felt more like one of my first apartments that a corporate hotel room. Complete with a small dinning table, sink, microwave and mini fridge.
The bathroom was done inexpensively, and the shower nozzle was about 18 inches to low, But the pressure was excellent and all the expected amenities (soap shampoo blow dryer ect) were present. Towels were nice thought not luxurious. If you are looking for Hilton/Hyatt luxury this isn’t your place. But if it’s a choice between a quality inn, Motel 8, or any of the other chains on that level then this place is a fantastic value.
Internet is good but there is extremely limited dinning options within a 10 min drive. Breakfast is some cereals and muffins. Not much selection. All in all I would say this is a three star place but I am giving it 4 for the owners attitude. I would not hesitate to book this place again should I be in the area. I was very pleasantly surprised. I would urge you to stay here and support local business owners instead of national chains. Live a little!

Room tip: Room 109 is huge.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2017

The Laketree Inn was in the perfect location for lodging in southern Illinois for the 2017 solar eclipse. Located about 10 miles south of Marion, IL, it was not affected by the crush of humanity that descended into Carbondale. An independent hotel, the "lobby" was small, basically an area just inside the front door. The room was average sized, very clean and the shower had plenty of pressure. Not far off of I-57.

Room tip: No elevator, so if climbing stairs is an issue, even though the aren't many, ask for a ground level room.
Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank Stephen K
Reviewed August 23, 2017

Great hotel, nice management. Recommend! Small Countryside Hotel. Near camping and fishing at Lake of Egypt. Very accommodating owners. Clean. Neat. Many new facilities.

We discovered this inn on a scouting trip two years ago that we made to look for places to stay and places to watch and places to drive for the total Solar Eclipse of 2019. We choose Lake Tree for its location and huge yard and availability of outside areas for watching the eclipse and maybe a picnic in the yard after the eclipse. We made the reservations about a year ago, knowing that the weekend of the total solar eclipse would be crowded. Since our scouting trip, it had changed owners. We reserved 5 rooms (of the 18 or so total) for 4 days.

Upon arrival we were delighted to find that the pleasant, neat, but worn hotel that we had seen 2 years ago has been significantly upgraded. New paint, interior decorations, bathroom facilities, WiFi, mattresses, carpeting and more. It was very comfortable.

The owner honored our reservations at the agreed upon price even though he had been offered double or triple the price give our rooms to late-deciding eclipse chasers. In my opinion this shows an honesty and commitment to his long term reputation that suggests quality service in the tourist industry continuing into the future.

My great experience with Lake Tree contrasts to a past experience I had in which a big name main stream hotel franchise canceled my reservation in order to charge triple for a special event they had neglected to anticipate, leaving me with a big problem.

Housekeeping was good, WiFi worked very well (even though in the country), we were able to use the large grassy yard for lawn chairs and our small gathering. The hotel's effort to accommodate our needs was notable and appreciated!

Thank You.

Date of stay: August 2017
1  Thank dldanie2
Reviewed December 2, 2016

We checked in on the Friday after Thanksgiving for one night. The rooms are dated but they were clean. The rooms were large with a microwave and refrigerator. I would stay there again. My daughter had the room across the hall and they had painted and updated the room. But the bathroom was still dated but clean.

Date of stay: November 2016
Reviewed July 5, 2016 via mobile

Not the fanciest place but very convenient to Lake of Egypt. Had a family party near here good place to sleep. Air conditioner worked a lil to well as I woke up freezing.
No amenities like pool or view.

Date of stay: July 2016