Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Limited Inn(Marion)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 25, 2017 via mobile

We booked our room for the night before the eclipse weeks in advance, knowing it would be hard to get a room. We expected to pay more and didn't flinch much when the price was $233. However, when we arrived we were greeted by the most horrendous smell! It was a sicky-sweet perfume smell and it made me nauseous. But I sucked it up
Because we needed a place to stay. We asked for and was given a "supposedly" non-smoking room. But as time went on, i woke up with the beginning of an asthma attack. We got it under control and left at day break. My husband the next night reached for his Pjs and said, "I now know why your asthma started and why that smell was around," there had been significant smoke in the room and hall which was covered up by the perfume smell.
On the good side. The room was clean and the bed relatively comfortable.
The place really needs remodeling and deep cleaning.
My biggest gripe had to do with the smoke cover-up. For me, that was a real health issue. And I'm sure there are others. Honesty would have been appreciated. I would really urge Choice Hotels to drop it's endorsement of this Econo Lodge. I have always trusted using my Choice Hotel privilege to provide a good and safe hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Stayed for eclipse so room passable. Reasonably clean, breakfast ok with standard fare in small room, desk staff friendly, easy highway access with restaurants near by, wifi and tv good and functional.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Pros:
*friendly staff checked me in
*large rooms
*breakfast was available

Cons:
*door to outside doesn't shut-felt unsafe
*the building is sweltering(fans set up everywhere in the hallways)
*hallways and elevator were filthy- I stuck to the floor in the elevator)
*the room was very hot- took all night to cool off once the a/c was turned on
*no coffee maker in room
*breakfast- the juice machine was turned off
*TV remote in room didn't work

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here overnight, and the hotel needs updating... Only saw 1 person working. Breakfast was minimal. Pool looks nice but didn't use it. Flooring in the breakfast room buckled, windows fogged up. Plaster on the carpet by our room. Could hear a doorbell go off whenever anyone went out the front door. Didn't get much sleep.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2017

I stopped here as I could not drive any more due to weather coming in fast. The hotel has many troubles as it is a very OLD HOTEL. The room was okay but the walls are thin so bring ear plugs as you will hear almost everything next door. The water stayed in the tub during my shower and the drain was acting up in the sink also.
The pool has troubles too as it is very old finish. The tiles were broken loose and very sharp to swimmers feet. The ladders were not even attached to the walls in pool. The hot tub safety bar was a joke as they "repaired" the pipe by putting metal tube around both pieces and screwed them together and the screws were very rusted. The suction intakes in the hot are way to strong as it pulled my hand into it and cut my knuckle during this. I was given a bandage and sent on my way, I hope they address this suction before a child gets hurt.

Room Tip: Weather permitting go down the road.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo