“Worth staying at.”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Matteson
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worth staying at.”
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Pleasant staff, clean room, good location. Didn't have to pay for frills that I didn't need. Fast Internet in room. I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 1 May 2012 via mobile

Great location, tons of shopping and restaurants just up the road. Quiet location. Lovely check in lady, very friendly and helpful. 15 after checking in we got a welcome call to check if everything was good with the room. Room was spacious and clean, flat screen tv and coffee in room so I'm set.

• Stayed May 2012
Chicago
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife and I stayed here to have a weekend sight seeing in Chicago without paying the exorbitant prices for downtown Chicago hotels. The location in Matteson is ideal for folks who want to take the train into downtown and not worry about parking or navigating the city streets in a vehicle.

As for the hotel itself, it is a very run of the mill La Quinta that you could plop down in any city suburb and not look twice. It was a decent value (booked online) for an average room. The hotel wasn't the cleanest but the room was OK. The wear and tear is just showing the hotel's age. I wouldn't stay here with kids, but for a single night on business or as a couple with access to downtown Chicago it fit the bill. It is a little hard to get to way back in the business park, but that's not La Quinta's fault.

I'd give it a C

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2011

First, the room had such an overpowering smell of cleaner, such as Lysol, that it literally choked my sister and I. The carpet was very dirty, and the bathroom was even worse. The tiles were literally falling off the walls, mold and dirt built up in the grout, toilet seat stained and ill-fitting, but worse of all was the mold on the inside of the shower curtain! The showerhead was even aimed at the wall, and was tightened so much you could not re-aim it! I would like to say that customer service was good, because the girl at the desk did take me to 3 other rooms offering to change me, but they were all in just as bad of shape.

My mother had actually booked this room for my sister and I for a special birthday weekend, and it became a huge ordeal when we tried to check in. We had to fax a letter to them with her signature, then take the letter with us along with a copy of her drivers license. Even with all that, they still wanted to give me grief because I did not bring a copy of her credit card! I'm sorry, but I have booked many trips and never had these issues. To top things off, at check-out, we found out that the AARP discount that was quoted to her on the phone, was not given, therefore it added an extra $40 to the stay. It may not seem like much, but after the hoops we jumped through, and the filthy room, I was thoroughly disgusted.

We ended up needing to stay an additional night in the area, and found a room at the Country Inn & Suites had become available and was $30 cheaper, we jumped to it very quick. Bottom line, if you are at all concerned with cleanliness and hygiene, DO NOT STAY HERE!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Matteson hotels

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 April 2011

First things first... You do get what you pay for so I cant compare this to a hotel thats 400 a night so my opinion is this..Upon arrival you are greeted with hello's & smiles (PLUS)
The parking was good, the area was clean and upon walking in everything seemed ok. Now the first non-smoking room on the 3rd floor didnt work out because there were 100 kids on a basketball team in town making too much noise so we were moved to the 1st floor smoking room (NEGATIVE) Ok I know to expect some smoke smells being in a smoking room but this was out of control it was in the walls, the curtains, the vents EVERYWHERE!! The room is average a bed, a desk, a chair, iron, iron board nothing fancy. The carpet was a little torn, there was however a flat screen (PLUS), the bathroom area was a little dated but again its not like I paid 400 to stay here heck I didnt even pay 100.00!! Anyway the location is near malls, restaurants, bars, target, sams and Walmart so the location is cool. I felt safe didnt have any problems there. The breakfast however is nothing to write about but they dont promise you will. It included muffins, juice & a waffle maker but with 100 kids that didnt work out so we went to cracker barrell! Anyway overall I give it a 3 out 5 because again customer service was good especially getting us a room that was more quiet!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matteson
0.5 km away
Red Roof Inn Monee
#1 of 3 in Monee
9.7 km away
Best Western Plus Chicago Southland

Been to La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson? Share your experiences!