New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson

La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Matteson
starchild101
“Adequate for A 1 Night Stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2009

Stayed here for a single night stay on a trip we made for a Dave Matthews concert at the World Music Theater (or what ever it is called now). The hotel wasn't horrible, just in need of an overhaul.

Staff very nice, although very understaffed at check in time. The place was sold out and they only had 1 girl checking people in - she was still very nice - felt sorry for her. Our breakfast was included and the attendant working there was very prompt at making sure everything was full, and coffee was plentiful.

Room was comfortable, but like I said needed on overhaul. Furniture was pretty dinged up, toilet didn't flush the greatest, and the tv was small and dated. Bed was comfortable, the room was clean and did have a coffee maker which is always a plus in my book. Carpet throughout the hotel needs replaced (not torn, just worn), and like everything else hallways were dented and dinged up. Breakfast was decent, standard fair, waffles, cereal, fruit, ect. Overall not a bad place for an overnight stay, just needs an overhaul.

I put I would recommend this place, but I think I would only recommend it if you got a good deal, and you didn't mind a few dents and dings. Other than that it served it's purpose for a decent one night stay.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank starchild101

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2009

Wow wt can I say. I checked in sunday morning around 1am after performing and just wanted to take a shower and relax. I should have just walked out after seeing how dirty the floors were then the room carpet was stained, I mean I really should have walked out but instead i maned up and hoped in the shower. When I got out started to dry my face when the towle touched my face in didnt smell fresh so I took a look and found pubic hair and regular hair on it. Now should I have went down o the old guy at front desk and rem him out, poor guy doesnt even have manager pull and count have done anything that could have made me happy anyways so I just checked out. Room was 312 and I will never visit this hotel again in my life, I go back with a video camera and out the nasty ness of you tube and myspace for the world to see. Herres the real messed up part after washing my face off like an animal and calling some of my local friends to get a place to crash I realized there was sumthing in my eye and there it was someones hair in my eye. I got it out and at this pount was truly disgusted. You think it could have ended there but nope the next day I develope a sty in my eye. Yes a big sty developed in my eye. Really is it that hard to find a maid that wants to work now days or hire a compnay to wash your carpets. This hotle is right behide the holiday inn and ghet a ton of the convention business so lack of income should not be an issue, there is no exscuse for this at all and I will spend the rest of day passing this info on to all types of review sites. Have a good day.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank FGuyonline
Huxley, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2009

When this La Quinta - Matteson, IL came up on our priceline bid, I was a little nervous due to a previous La Quinta experience. But I was pleasantly surprised at the well-located, clean hotel we found and its professional staff! Kudos especially to the front desk staff who performed concierge duties, maintenance requests and maintained a cheerful professionalism! Also to housekeeping (the lady I greeted in the hallway was disappointed she wouldn't be cleaning our room that day - even after she saw our 3 kids!). Our room itself was updated, clean and comfortable. Bed was soft, shower was strong, little noise from hallway -- what more can we say!?

• Liked — Close to I-80, clean, comfortable, safe
  • Disliked — Missed the turn to the busines park and had to drive through some parking lots.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2008

A few friends and I stayed at this hotel for a wedding in the area. Unfortunately, this was the worst hotel experience I have ever had. Throughout the whole evening, there were large groups of people running and yelling through the halls. There was also constant sounds of things being thrown or slammed into the walls of the hotel. During two points of the late night, a large group of people was standing outside my room and knocked on my door. Not knowing the group I called the front desk and asked if they could do something about the noise and the large groups of people. To my shock, the front desk rudely told me the police had been called. Also, there was no mention of an apology that evening or in the morning. Moreover, upon my friends returning to the hotel later in the evening, there were police cars surrounding the hotel arresting people.

All I can say it was the worst hotel stay of my life and at times I was seriously concerned for my safety.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
      Check-in / front desk
1 Thank surfer684kk
Displaced East Coasters
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2007

Heard great reviews about this hotel from other sites and can agree with all of them! The check in staff was very courteous and helpful (especially when our toliet accidently overflowed) and we eventually extended our stay. Used it as a neutral site for Cubs and White Sox games. Clean rooms, great breakfast and safe area. Metro is a hop, skip and jump further North and easy access to the Interstate. Would recommend and stay there again.

Stayed May 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Matteson
0.2 km away
9.7 km away
BEST WESTERN Chicago Southland
7.5 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Tinley Park IL

Been to La Quinta Inn Chicago Matteson? Share your experiences!