“Some room for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Super 8 Metropolis

Super 8 Metropolis
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Metropolis
Orlando, Florida
“Some room for improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

We had a double room in the back of the building. The shower went from cold to dangerously hot without touching it. The towels did not dry and left white fuzzies all over our bodies. The shower curtain was very smelly and the room smelled like cat pee. The television made a very high-pitched noise. The internet connection dropped every few minutes. On the other side the location was convenient right by the highway, the room was otherwise clean, service was friendly and breakfast was fine. There is also a large pool building in the back that looked nice and people were using it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2011

We were driving from Kansas to Florida and decided to stop for the night at almost 3am. Our stay wasn't long, but the service was friendly and helpful, breakfast was decent with a few good choices, and our room and bedding was clean. I admit I was worried when my husband told me we got a smoking room, but you would never have been able to tell at all aside from the ashtray on the table.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank chaosstar
MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2011

It was our first hotel on a trip to Florida, it was fine for an overnight, if you want to stay longer go with harrahs or a pricier place... My needs were free internet, indoor pool, and free breakfast so it suited our needs... The internet was awesome! And the breakfast was good... The place did smell of stale smoke, so if you cannot handle the smell of smoke plug your nose in the hall, the rooms were fine and didnt smell. We brought febreeze on our trip just in case...

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2010

For less money we could have stayed at Harrahs which is quite upscale compared to this place. We spent $20 more here to have a "King Suite" which hasn't been updated since 1980 and was probably last cleaned & maintenanced then too. The shower was disgusting with a dirty floor, uncaulked, black particles on the comforter (which we wouldn't have used anyways) and paint peeling off the wall. If all you want is hot water, then that is all you will get here! Harrahs next time for us! For $55 we could have been in luxury tonight instead of up writing this because it's so uncomfortable. If it weren't for a sick child, we would leave!

• Stayed December 2010
Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2010

My boyfriend and I drove from practically the west coast to the midwest with short stops inbetween - the poor guy did all the driving and didn't sleep til we got to his sister's. Upon arrival, we got surprised with having to find a place to sleep because our accommodations were no longer available.

We drove around the area where this Super 8 is located, and stopped in to see if they accepted AAA memberships and how much a rate would be for one night. Tired and not wanting to 'shop around' for other rates, we decided to stay.

The rooms were cozy and didn't smell bad or anything you'd normally get. The front desk was extremely helpful and very hospitable. We only stayed here for one night, but I ended up leaving clothes behind. I called the hotel when I realized this the next day and they quickly shipped it to my home address for a COD delivery. Granted I wasn't returning for several days and I stated this...but efficient nonetheless. I was very satisfied with my stay.

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank melisandre04
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2010

Stayed at this motel one night. Traveled with out small dog. Room was modest but clean and in good shape. Price for the room plus the pet fee was very reasonable. Would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Omaha, NE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

I made our reservation by phone directly to the motel 3 weeks prior to our stay, I even called a week before our stay, when we realized we would be getting there after 11 pm, to notify them of our late arrival. When we were stuck in traffic on the interstate and realized we would be even later I called again and they didn't have our reservation! They gave another room but not the one we booked, which greatly disappointed us. It would have been nice to have a jacuzzi soak especially after our hard day of really long traveling. The room was nice and very clean but the a/c is in the back by the king so the person on the sofa sleeper in the front is hot. There was no bedding except pillows for the sleeper so I used my own blanket because at 2 am I was too tired to bother. I don't believe we would stay again because of the inconvienence and the high price but it's really clean and that's always a plus.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metropolis
4.1 km away
9.5 km away
Auburn Place Hotels and Suites
8.5 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah

Been to Super 8 Metropolis? Share your experiences!