“Amazing Holiday!”
Review of Mavo Eco Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ramata Island
Mavo Eco Lodge
Brisbane, Australia
“Amazing Holiday!”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Have recently returned from a glorious week at Mavo Eco Lodge on Ramata Island. From the moment I stepped off the plane I was blown away by the simple beauty of the Island and lagoon and the warmth of the people who run the lodge.
Our rooms were so quaint and cleaned every day, anything you need you only have to ask.
The food was amazing if you are not into seafood you may have a struggle but a whole week of freshly caught and prepared seafood was pure bliss for me.
Our deckies Maca and Ozie were amazing, warm, funny and the best company one could wish for during a fishing adventure. There local knowledge and history of the islands was always inspiring and taking us to their special secret fishing places was a treat. Mangrove Jack is the best fish to both eat and catch.
Snorkelling in the warm waters in an underwater wonderland...took my breath away each time.
The tour of the island and learning about the history of Ramata was fascinating and not to be missed out on.
The others tours which are available are again unmissable.
I am counting down the days until I return there again.
Kate

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 959KathleenK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sydney
Reviewed 28 November 2012

Mavo is unreal.. its run by the local village and they really care and put their heart into the service & activities.. Everyone is friendly and cant do enough to make sure your stay is fantastic, a huge proportion of the local village is involved as guides, deckies, mechanics, cooks, cleaners, gardeners etc and they treat you like family.. Food is basic but tasty.. fish & crab is fresh and the beer is icy cold. I highly recommend Mavo not just for fishing but for anyone interested in an eco stay with a local touch and great activities.. Theres alot more here than fishing.. if fishing & snokelling I suggest taking your own equipment.. and take some extra stuff you can trade with the locals or giveaway (sunglasses, tshirts, pens) or something you can leave at the school etc..
I would trade my stays at the Hilton for Mavo anyday of the week..

Room Tip: There a burea / hut style rooms which are on the water and very basic but more than adequate.. They...