“holy communion”

Laragh Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Glenariffe
Price range: US$7 - US$31
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Laragh Lodge was built in 1890 and served as a tea house for tourists visiting the famous walks and waterfalls of Glenariffe Glen.Glenariffe (Queen of The Glens) is situated amid the world famous Glens of Antrim an area of outstanding natural beauty where tourists have been coming for decades. Few dining experiences compare with the magnificent backdrop of cascading waterfalls and mature woodlands facing the sea a short distance away. Large windows ensure diners enjoy the majestic views while they sample our freshly cooked to order, locally sourced ingredients.Whether your choice is mouth-watering homemade scones, something from our daily specials or something more substantial you'll always receive a warm Irish welcome & an offer of a lift to your car if you don't feel like the walk back. Why not relax with a wee tipple on our comfy sofas or have an ice-cream in the patio. Overnight accommodation with our local B&B partners can be arranged, FREE transfer from us is part of the service
Reviewed June 7, 2021

having booked for 18 poeple foe holy communion can only say it was first class. well done gary and team

Date of visit: June 2021
1  Thank E1114PKdominicm
Write a reviewReviews (342)

Reviewed May 31, 2021 via mobile

The service was terrible it took 30 minutes before our order was taken and it wasn't even busy, the staff had no training and were chaotic and lacsidaciscal, not to mention not wearing masks. The acoustics were awful, it was so echoey you couldn't hear the person next to you. The toilets were broken during our visit so we couldn't use the bathrooms. The food was as much of a travesty. The egg salad starter we ordered was tiny, a couple leaves and a crumb of potato bread, the mains were ridiculously overpriced for the cheapest tasting burger I've ever eaten. They ran out of kids burgers and charged us for an adult sized. When we tried to gain the staffs attention they ignored us and served other tables who arrived after us, when we tried to discuss with the staff at at the end they had no interest in hearing it. A complete farce, don't waste your money.

Date of visit: June 2021
Reviewed May 30, 2021

They could not do enough for us. Everything was sparklingly clean and we left delighted. Obviously some cheapskates use their car park and attempt to use the bathrooms like a public convience...........but the staff are quick to dismiss them with the contempt they deserve.

Date of visit: May 2021
4  Thank Maps66536209533
Reviewed May 9, 2021

Rude manager, after a walk down the waterfalls me and my family came out by Laragh Lodge, I put the children in the car as they were very tired as they are young children. The plan was to go to the toilet, as I’m 15 weeks pregnant, then order takeaway food for myself my husband and our 4 children to eat in the car. I approached the door and man was outside smoking, he pointed and said ‘takeaways over there’ I said I need to use the toilet and that I’m pregnant to then be told ‘No, customers only’ in a very rude and dismissive tone. Needless to say we got in the car and left. Absolutely disgusting way to treat people, not once did he ask if we were getting any refreshments, very rude. Avoid

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Lorron E
Reviewed March 28, 2021

The Hedgies and I broke the curfew and paid a visit from Bangor.
They had the famous Scampi instead of the equally famous turkey and ham.
First class as usual.