“Second time around was the worst!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Super 8 Mokena/Frankfort /I-80

Super 8 Mokena/Frankfort /I-80
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Mokena
Cleveland, Ohio
“Second time around was the worst!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2011

My family at this hotel in July and had a pleasant experience. The front desk clerk "Ted" was very friendly so we decided to book this hotel again for our stay last weekend. Let's just say the 2nd time around was the worst! We arrived late night so they only had smoking rooms available which we really didn't want, but didn't have a choice. The problem is that it room was stale from all of the cigarette smoke from the previous guest. Also there was partying in the room next door which carried way over into the night which made prevented us from getting a good night's rest. Finally, the front desk clerk (Hispanic female) really could use a refresher course in customer service! Our stay definitely wasn't worth the money!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

On a trip cross country we stopped at this motel for a rest stop on a Sat.
The bath tub had mold all around the edges where it met the wall. We paid over $100 which I thought was was higher then any Super 8 I have ever stayed in. I have no idea if there was some event going on or what?!
I would try for another place perhaps further away from Chicago!

• Stayed July 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Mokena hotels

Northampton, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2011

Everything, sheets, blankets, comforters, towels were stained and very old. Carpeting was also stained. The walls were so thin I could hear the people in the next room............will never stay in a super 8 again..........

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
U.P. Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

We stayed here because it was next to the banquet hall where we were attending a reception. When I folded back the bedspread, there was a large red and wet area on the pillow case that leaked through right into the pillow! Obviously the sheets were not changed!!!!! When I brought it to the front desk (where the lady that checked us in was slow and rude), a manager told me (after sniffing it) that it was only red pop, not blood. Was that supposed to make me feel better?! Being given a larger room didn't take the creepy feeling away.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
south subs
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

As one who has visited MANY Super 8 Motels throughout the years, I was VERY disappointed with this particular motel, on my most recent visit. Yes, I have been here several (sorry to say) times, because it is one of the closer Super 8's to me, and my son (who is autistic) is EXTREMELY obsessed with the Super 8 motels. One of my concerns, is that the staff at this particular Super 8, seem to be SO MUCH MORE (than the other Super 8's) unyielding, regarding the removal of the $1 charge; for the "convenience" of having a safe in the rooms. Well, I (as I'm sure many others don't) NEVER use the safe; so I shouldn't be --- in any way, charged for it. ANYBODY OUT THERE AGREE WITH THIS? There is this one short-haired blonde manager, who insists on charging this ridiculous fee; regardless of the fact that some people aren't actually swiping their credit cards, to use this safe. Not very nice. Also, the rooms that are non-smoking, REAK of cigarette smoke; AND, I would appreciate an unopened bottle of shampoo in the bathroom, rather than one that has been half used. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this unsanitary? Now, my major concern is the ants that accompanied us in our jacuzzi suite, during out last stay. Was this supposed to be a package deal, and somebody forgot to mention it to us? Do ants automatically come with the room? Can you say, YUCK?? And I thought entrance to this room, was by invitation only... That is totally nasty; just downright gross. SUPER 8 MOKENA, IL., PLEASE use some of those stolen dollars (that you have acquired by charging extra, for unused safes), and GET AN EXTERMINATOR!!! Please, view my pics. Horrifying!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2009

Avoid this hotel like the plague. Rooms are gross and unclean, staff is unhelpful and somewhat rude. GM, Anne needs to be fired.
Many of the non-smoking rooms are formerly-smoking rooms that still wreak of smoke and are on the same floor as smoking rooms.
Cleaning staff left dirty linens in room after first day's "cleaning". Second day's "cleaning" dirty towels were picked up off floor, re-folded and put back on shelf still wet. Complaining about this via a call to the frontdesk -- General Manager Anne -- resulted in denial, rudeness and the phone being turned off. Never have I experienced anything like this. Letter to the President is forthcoming.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
chicago il
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

If you want a horrible room to stay in stop here. Cleaness is not on the top of their list. The bathroom had pubic hair all over it and the box spring was held together with duck tape. I was very dissatisfied with the accomidations especially at 120 dollars a night for a suite. So if you want a no star hotel to stay in then this is the one for you. i would avoid this super 8 at all costs i would have rather slept in my car than sit on the urine coated toilet seat or slept in the pubic hair infested bed sheets. My recomendation is stay away.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — this space is not long enough fo what i have to say
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mokena
1.6 km away
4.5 km away
Sleep Inn Tinley Park
Sleep Inn Tinley Park
#9 of 9 in Tinley Park

Been to Super 8 Mokena/Frankfort /I-80? Share your experiences!