“Standard pleasant stay at Hampton Inn”

Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Moline
San Diego, CA
“Standard pleasant stay at Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

This is a nice facility and if you have stayed at other Hampton Inns, you won’t be disappointed - this hotel offers the same great service and comfortable rooms as the other Hamptons. I stayed in a King Studio Suite with small wet bar containing a refrigerator and microwave. The refrigerator did not have a freezer though which, although not a downfall for most, it would of come in handy for myself. I was concerned about airport noise being so close to the airport, but it was nonexistent since it is mainly smaller commuted planes and the airport shuts down at night.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms are on the south side facing the airport and give a nice view of planes landing and...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank BobLindemann
Hampton1_10, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport, responded to this review, 19 May 2012
Thank you for the kind words. We always appreciate feedback. We do have the refrigerators in the room but unfortuanetly they do not have freezers. But the next time you visit us just ask at the front desk and we can always store whatever you need stored in our freezer in the kitchen.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I was very impressed with the comfort and cleaniness of the room. I was amazed at how quite the room was given that my view overlooked the Quad Cites airport parking lot and the runway was in sight. The bed was very comfortable and if you looking for a place to stay before flying out this is a great spot. Restaurants are located within an easy drive. On the negative side are the breakfast bar eggs! I don't know where Hampton's get them but they are the worst!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ppijacki
Hampton1_10, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport, responded to this review, 28 April 2012
Hello, thank you for your feedback. We are right on airport property but we have never had any noise complaints from the planes so that is an advantage for us as people do like to be on that side to watch the planes. Im gald your stay was good and thank you for letting us know about the eggs. We are always trying to improve the breakfast selection and we will look in to that.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I recently spend 4 days and 3 nights at this motel for a large family reunion. Marc, the manager, was most helpful when we were setting up the block of rooms and making sure that those who needed it had handicap accessible rooms. When I checked in, Sherry at the front desk was MOST cheery and helpful!! She helped with the setup of the Meeting room that we used for our reunion. Every employee of the Hampton Inn that we had contact with was pleasant and helpful! The free continental breakfast was HUGE! Everything from waffles to bisquits/gravy to seasoned potatoes, bacon, omelets to fruit, yogurt, cereal....you certainly won't leave hungry!

An extra bonus was that even though the Inn is right next to the airport....the noise is not a problem at all. Slept great every night and the runway to the airport was right out my window.

Didn't use the pool and/or whirlpool so can't comment on that.

Room Tip: Suites on the 3rd floor are quite a distance from the elevator so if someone has trouble walking, yo...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank 50Sue2012
Thank you for the kind words! Myself and Sherry were more than happy to make sure your stay was comfortable and that had everything you needed while you were here. We hope to see you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 April 2012

As a businessman, I would highly recommend this hotel as we found it clean, hospitable, and very comfortable and quiet for the one night we stayed. This was a family trip for me this time and I requested special arrangements and the attention to detail on the part of the staff was impressive. Not only did we feel welcome, but we enjoyed great rooms and great service from the front desk staff. When we arrived very early in the afternoon, they were able to give us room keys for one of our two rooms and they were exceedingly helpful.

I was pleasantly surprised to not hear any sound at all from the adjoining rooms, so I would say this place is well built, better than most. The bed was superb with a very comfortable feel. The hotel goes out of its way to indicate that the bedding and the rooms are kept clean and carefully washed after each guest visit. This shows. The shower in the morning was hot and refreshing with plenty of towels provided.

The location is easy to get to from the Quad Cities and is located immediately next to the airport. In the room, we didn't hear a thing at night. Basically, this is a great business person's hotel with the necessary provisions on hand and the cleanliness one expects - and more. I would definitely stay here again and I thought the value I got for my money to be exceptional.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ChicagoLooper
Hampton1_10, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Moline-Quad City International Airport, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words. We hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We are on a trip as a family with a two year and an 8 month old. Hotel is very nice. I did miss having a small refridgerator in the room which is very helpful with baby food, but the room was attractive and clean. My only complaint so far is the pool. My two year old loves to swim and begs to go so we took her down and the pool was cold. I couldn't take the baby in at all. I stepped in about waist deep and retreated. So my two year old went with my mother in law. After ten minutes her lips were blue and they got out.

I called the desk to let them know and was told that they cannot turn it up it is regulation that it has to be that temp. She also said that she would tell maintenance but they check it everyday before leaving. She led me to believe that others have mentioned this before but nothing could be done. So I pulled up the code for Illinois and it states they must keep it between 76 and 92 degrees. If this pool is even in code, it is certainly on the low end. We are considering changing hotels for our second night so my babies can swim.

• Stayed March 2012
I want to apologize for the pool temp. We have looked in to the temperature and feel we have set it at a comfortable temp.
Illinois
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Clean, comfy and quiet; excellent, quick access to airport next door. Only con is the parking lot is long and narrow, so when it's nearly full, it's a bit of a trek to the front door. Nice hot breakfast for free, too!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Upon arriving the lady at the desk was super nice and even shared a laugh with me about my gigantic rental car. :)

My room was lovely and spacious with a sitting area and work desk.
Internet was super fast and always available.
Beds were comfortable.
AC worked well.
Plenty of parking although it filled up later in the evening
Located right next to the airport
Short drive to downtown Moline--10-15 mins.

Only con was the bathroom vent wasn't quite in the ceiling hole cut for it. But it didn't fall out so all was well.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind words, we hope to see you again in the future.