“The Best Lumpia Shanghai”
Review of China Chef

China Chef
Ranked #5 of 65 Restaurants in Morton Grove
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed November 21, 2016

I have been going to the China hef for decades. My Brother in Law spent time in the the Phillipenes when in the Navy, This is her I was introduced the this quisine. Their Pancit Gesado (not sure of my spelling). What I keep gooing back for is their Lumpia Shanghai.
It is a pork,green onion & garlic spring Roll. This is the Best I will mix Sweet & Sour sauce with Soy Sauce and a little bit of Hot Mustard for dipping. I have been going top China Chef when it started in the strip mall at Dempster & Harlem. As there business became so big they built the building onLin coln Ave in Morton Grove. The Service is very good, good prices good lunch specials. Definitely worth your time and have the Lumpia Shandhai, yopu won't bne dissappointed. The original owners were the best Art & Joyce Fong. You are missed but your Legacy continues. It took me years to Joyce to tell me the recipe and how to make it. It is a lot easier just to drive over.

Reviewed October 18, 2016

We started with Classic Wonton Soup, flavorful clear broth with a decent amount of wontons. The large egg rolls are a blast from my childhood, meaty with lots of cabbage and we topped them with sweet sauce and mustard sauce, again Old School.
The Egg Foo Young was off the charts in a pool of brown gravy..my Bro and I talked about how we used to get containers of rice and brown gravy on Touhy Ave 45 years ago...
He wanted the Sweet and Sour Chicken and he was Beyond HAPPY, I got the Moo Shoo.
I can guarantee every bit of the left overs WILL get eaten!!!!!
This will be a go to on my next trip to see family in Niles.

Reviewed October 1, 2016 via mobile

We had an excellent meal and the service was attentive and friendly. They continually refilled water glasses and added hot water to the teapot so that we always had hot tea. We shared food family style and it was all excellent. The egg rolls were a good start to our meal. The won ton soup was hot and delicious. We had Mongolian beef, walnut shrimp, fish fillets, chicken and vegetables with tofu, chow fun, fried rice and other dishes. We had a large party so we had a lot of dishes!

Reviewed July 14, 2016 via mobile

China Chef serves great food and has a great staff. Very consistent in their product and great reputaton! People from all over IL come here.

1  Thank Zelig A
Reviewed June 7, 2016

China Chef's food isn't extraordinary as Asian food goes. We had a party of three. All ordered something different. All three dishes pretty much tasted the same.

I had the House Specialty "Pancit Guidado" and it pretty much tasted like the Chicken Chow Mein. Not bad, but bland by my standards. Nothing extraordinary, but for the low prices, it was a pretty good value.

However, they have the absolutely BEST egg rolls I've every had in my life. They're HUGE! And there is some unique taste and texture in them that is something I've never had before. I could go in there and eat a whole plate of those puppies!

The decor is really nice, prices are very reasonable and service was good. If you're looking for outstanding Asian food, not the place. But if you're hungry and broke and love egg rolls, this is where you should be.