“Outstanding Chinese food!”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

You won't find a better place in the vicinity! The best Mongolian beef ever. Cantonese chicken, beef fried rice are the bomb. Their egg rolls are delicious. I've been going here for 23 years and the food is consistently yummy. Just tried their Mongolian shrimp....excellent!

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Debbie I

Reviewed June 20, 2017 via mobile

Been going to China chef for over 40 years when they were located on Dempster with Art and Joyce. Great food egg rolls are to die for. Everything is always fresh great portions a solid Chinese restarant thats been around a long time.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

I really love this place. I have been coming here for more than 20 years. They never disappoint! Hands down the best Mongolian Beef anywhere!!! The best beef fried rice on the plant. This is no joke. The Egg rolls are my favorite of any I have ever had. Not even close. Their Cantonese Chicken is outstanding. They are mostly known for that amazing Mongolian Beef. The Beef is char grilled and like all of their dishes, the ingredients are fresh and made to order.
All of their food is good. Those are just the highlights. Enjoy!

Date of visit: September 2016
Reviewed February 20, 2017

As one reviewer said, the food here is not great; in fact, any restaurant that provides more than one cuisine (in this case, Chinese & Filipino) should give you some ideas about the quality of its food. Still, it was passable enough although the Yu Shan Pork I had tasted more like chicken and the Cashew Chicken my partner had tasted more like pork to him. The one good thing is that the lunch portions were large.

There was some confusion when entering the restaurant. There was no sign that stated that we had to wait to be seated, no employee said hi to us (although we noted that the cashiers in front were busy) and it took a minute or two before someone came to us and took us to our table. From that point on, service improved considerably.

The restaurant appeared clean but the men's bathrooms were not, at least not the stall I was in it. The floor around the toilet bowl was sticky. It didn't help that the last person who used it did not flush the toilet bowl.

So overall I wasn't impressed but it isn't some place I would go to again unless there was an emergency and I had nowhere else to eat.

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed November 21, 2016

I have been going to the China hef for decades. My Brother in Law spent time in the the Phillipenes when in the Navy, This is her I was introduced the this quisine. Their Pancit Gesado (not sure of my spelling). What I keep gooing back for is their Lumpia Shanghai.
It is a pork,green onion & garlic spring Roll. This is the Best I will mix Sweet & Sour sauce with Soy Sauce and a little bit of Hot Mustard for dipping. I have been going top China Chef when it started in the strip mall at Dempster & Harlem. As there business became so big they built the building onLin coln Ave in Morton Grove. The Service is very good, good prices good lunch specials. Definitely worth your time and have the Lumpia Shandhai, yopu won't bne dissappointed. The original owners were the best Art & Joyce Fong. You are missed but your Legacy continues. It took me years to Joyce to tell me the recipe and how to make it. It is a lot easier just to drive over.

Date of visit: November 2016