“Well-kept and WOW. Remote. ”
Review of Timber Lake Resort

Timber Lake Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mount Carroll
Timber Lake Resort
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

One of those campgrounds that you probably visit if you're from the area. Otherwise, WAY out of the way from anything else. (Which is part of its charm).

That said, this place is very well-kept and peaceful. There is plenty for kids to do. The store and concessions close early so bring food and don't depend on them. Margarita bar was supposed to open at 7pm but hasn't? They are cash-only so bring $.

No band while I'm here, but the stage is in the middle of the campgrounds so I can only assume it's very loud on weekends. They have satellite music playing from the pool all day. This is not a peaceful "nature retreat"-type campgrounds, but fun and clean.

Showerhouse is nice and tidy too.

Worth the stay. I'd love a margarita though. :)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Felt very welcome. The owner and campers were all so friendly. We felt at home! We stayed on tent site T3. It was in front of their little lake with great views. We were there on a Friday and Saturday night and they had plenty of activities like a bean bag tournament, chili cook off, live singer at the stage by the bar and pool and even arts and crafts for the kids. We rode around on the pedal carts they have for rent, tiring but lots of fun! The concession stand and store were a nice convenience. My only complaint is the Wi-Fi...the website stated it was throughout the campground and at our site we had NO signal neither from their Wi-Fi or my network (At&t). Very nice place and I do believe we will be back to rent one of their lake front cabins. They looked beautiful! It's not very quiet though because I often heard traffic and trains but I can deal with it for being so great otherwise!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2016 via mobile

This is a great campground in northeaster IL. The sites are level concrete pads with full hookups and lots of trees and nice views. We were in #132 with a view to the little lake. They have a really nice pool, boat rental, fishing and entertainment many weekends of the summer. There is a good quality summer theater right across the road. This is in a rural area but not far from Mt Carroll and Savanna IL. There is a surprisingly neat biker bar in Savanna named Poopy's. This is so not the place that we would ever usually try but friends wanted to so we did and were glad. The food was good and it was really neat inside. This resort is also not too far from Galena which is a great place to visit, shop, eat and soak up the rather amazing history. We also went up to Chestnut Mountain on our way back from Galena which was very pretty with a nice summer ride on a ski lift, an alpine slide and a zip line. The restaurant in the lodge had a great view from the terrace and dining room and the food was good. The owner of Timber Lake lead us to our site, helped us back our 5th wheel in and stopped back a couple of times to see if we were having a good time and if all was well. Who does that! One warning - this IS in the sticks and cell signals are weak and wifi is best near the pool and rec building.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank grandmotherburkley
Reviewed 19 August 2016

This is a gem. Ron has built a beautiful campground. From the concrete pads to the pool, to the bathrooms, this place is well cared for. The fishing lake is such a nice addition! The kids loved it!
We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2016

This was my 3rd year staying at Timberlake for a week in July. This year we stayed from July 20th - 24th. Every year this trip gets better and better!!! I love that Ron and his staff are so accommodating! There were 2 pretty nasty storms while we were there and one actually broke the vent cover on the roof of our camper and we were without power for several hours. Ron was quick to calm everyone and let them know that we were not in any great danger as he was in communication with the local Fire Department who had assured him all was fine. The next morning Rons maintenance crew were very helpful in directing us where to go for replacement parts. All was fixed and we were back in business in a few hours.

The pool was great and incredibly refreshing as the week we were there was one of the hottest weeks of the year. The pool was very busy due to the crazy heat so splashing and being packed was to be expected. We got splashed many times but we were in a pool so planned on getting wet. The kids were all having fun and were being active so why stop that?

The Margarita bar is a nice area and the Saturday night entertainment is always great. Audio Drive was a great band and had everyone on the dance floor.

I just cannot say enough about this place. It is just beautiful!!! I wish I could be there every weekend!! Great Job Timberlake staff!!!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 July 2016

We camped here for the second time in July and it.was.hot. Hades hot. The power went off during a lightening storm and a tree was struck but that's what happens when you're surrounded by corn in the middle of IL.

The pool area is nice but overrun by adolescent kids who insisted on diving into the three foot end, despite signs saying don't. There wasn't much of an area for little kids to play in the pool with all the big kids splashing everyone. No kiddie pool.

The resort does sponsor organized pool activities in the afternoon to occupy everyone, so that was nice. The shower and toilet facilities were a little dirty and crusty, the shower curtains were caked with mildew and the shower nozzles with lime, definitely don't take your slippers/flip flops off in the shower.

Our camp site was facing the lake, sites 131 and 133 are pretty good that way, with cement slaps and full hookups. The water from the spigot just stunk. Sulfuric onions is the best I can come up with. We had a filter from the source to our camper and still. Stunk. Didn't taste too awful but with that smell, I didn't want to drink it or wash myself with it. I don't seem to recall the water stink last year, so this is new.

I'd stay here again, it's not that bad if you bring your own water. There's plenty of things to do, paddle boat, (abt 10$ a hour) canoe, playground, margarita bar, live bands on Saturdays. They have a schedule of events available on their web site. The cabins are really nice and completely air conditioned. BUT, they too, have stink water.

Stayed: July 2016
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

We just returned from a week of rv camping here. The front office staff were very friendly. Someone led us to our site. We overlooked the small lake which was nice. We loved walking the dogs near the lake. Many turtles and bullfrogs! They have a small store that also sells some food like awesome corn dogs, mini tacos, etc. the pool was awesome! They had some fun activities on the weekend! The bar was open I think Thursday through Sunday. The place cleared out on Monday but was still fun to swim and walk. People seemed friendly. They have laundry and showers. Nice and clean. Icant wait to go back!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family

Been to Timber Lake Resort? Share your experiences!