“Fast & Tasty”

Agave
Ranked #7 of 76 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed March 6, 2018 via mobile

Convenient to the interstate so I gave it a try for lunch. The menu has plenty of variety, including vegetarian choices. Service was swift and friendly, and the food was delicious and reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

On our way from Gulf Shores back to NW Illinois we stop in Mt Vernon & this is the second time we ate here. It is across the street from Super 8 so we could walk here after 12 hours of being on the road today. Food was Great along with the service & it was very Clean.

Reviewed January 30, 2018

This restaurant is so very convenient to the Interstate highway - easy off, easy on.

But convenience is not the only positive comment I can make about Agave.

The restaurant was neat and the seating was comfortable. The wait staff was friendly, helpful and efficient. The menu was extensive. The food came quickly and was delicious.and just the right temperature.

If I was a "local", I would readily make this my "go to" Mexican restaurant. The residents of the greater Mount Verson area are lucky to have this restaurant there.

Reviewed January 27, 2018 via mobile

It was convenient to the hotel or we wouldn’t have gone I’m from Minnesota and they are all mediocre. The salsa that looked bland and like a can of crushed tomatoes was actually quite tasty. I had the agave burrito which comes with your typical rice and refried beans was flavorful. We got the pitcher of margaritas for $10.99 which tasted like powdered mix and no tequila. Service was nice and fast although I asked for no sour cream and it came with 2 big dollops on top.

All in all it was better than the average restaurant of its type

Reviewed January 11, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in Mt Vernon overnight and stayed at the Comfort Suites. Agave was right next door, so we decided to walk over and try it out for a late dinner.
We were greeted promptly and with a friendly smile at the front door. Salsa and chips were immediately brought to the table, both tasted homemade and were very good.
My husband ordered chili colorado and I had a steak quesadilla. His dish was a nice blend of flavor and spicy heat. My quesadilla was loaded with beef, peppers, onions, etc, and an amazing cheese sauce!
Of course we had a few margaritas - which were on special! $5.99 for a pitcher, and they were really good too!
Wait staff service wasn’t the best I’ve ever had, but we came in close to closing time so she may have been busy doing side work or something.
Overall, very pleased and would recommend for a reasonably priced, tasty meal!