“Wonderful local spot!”

The Frosty Mug Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American
Description: Our catering team will help you complete the occasion. We handle everything from setting up the buffet and providing plates to keeping the food warm.
Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were traveling and stopped for the night in Mt Vernon. I found the Frosty Mug on Trip Advisor and it had great reviews so we decided to give it a try. We were not disappointed! It appears to be a local favorite. I ordered the BBQ Memphis style sandwich with chips and my husband had the pork shanks and we both had the sweet barbecue sauce. Everything was delicious! Our waitress was helpful and very friendly and helpful. If in the area we would not hesitate to go back.

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for something different than all the chain restaurants, take a detour to the Frosty Mug.

Food is inexpensive and fantastic (like on Saturdays when a ribeye sandwich is only $7.) Service is fast and friendly.

This is worth a detour from the highway!

Reviewed September 19, 2018

I grew up on Barbecue, having lived in Memphis and Kansas City....It was a total surprise how good a job these ole boys do on Q!!! Always get my sauce on the side so I taste the meat, nice smoke ring, none of it dried out. It is our go to place when we have friends and family in town....they even catered my daughter's rehearsal dinner recently and nailed that as well!!!!

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

Wife and I passing through town and came upon this gem. Inexpensive friendly and very good. Jalepeno caps were excellent as were the fried pickles. The ribs were good to very good and the Cole slaw and beans were great. Cold beer and mixed drinks were enjoyed.

Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for a late lunch, there were about 10 people. I sat at the bar for a good 10 minutes before asked or waited on. Ordered a coke and a brisket sandwich. The coke was undrinkable. So instead of taking off the bad coke from the bill the waitress gives me two cans of Pepsi. So I left the Pepsi on the counter. 84 grams of sugar with lunch is never a good idea.
The brisket sandwich was Ok but not worth 8$, however it did have the perfect amount of sauce. I haven't decided if I'll give it a second chance.
The place isn't very clean, I guess it's normal for this area.

Date of visit: August 2018