“Your average Steak and Shake ”
Review of Steak 'n Shake

Steak 'n Shake
Ranked #50 of 77 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Takeout
Description: Steak 'n Shake, a classic American brand, was founded in 1934 in Normal, Illinois by Gus Belt who pioneered the concept of premium burgers and milkshakes. For over 80 years, the company's name has been symbolic of its heritage. The word "steak" stood for steakburger. The term "shake" stood for hand-dipped milkshakes. Gus was determined to serve his customers the finest burgers and shakes in the business. Today, Steak 'n Shake remains the "better burger" leader, serving premium 100% beef steakburgers, hand-dipped milkshakes, thin crispy fries, and more. Steakburgers are made without preservatives or artificial ingredients, topped with fresh produce, and always hand-crafted to order. Other classics include the Frisco Melt, 7x7, Prime Steakburgers, and fan favorite M&M milkshakes.
Reviewed April 21, 2018 via mobile

The food was good as it is at most steak and shakes but the cleanliness and the service left a lot to be desired. Never understand the younger servers nowadays when their tips depend on the way they conduct service to the guest. Saw my server when I ordered my drink and food, then another person dropped my food with no napkins and utensils, but did drop the bill. Got the attention of my server and asked for utensils and napkins and she brought them back and walked away. Not one time was I asked if I needed anything or if I wanted a dessert.

Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

Since we don't have this franchise in our small city, we were anxious and determined to get this treat at some point while visiting about! We were very appreciative of the fabulous variety of offerings here from breakfast platings to great steak burgers, steak chili franks and decent chili etc! Wow wow wow and Yummy Yummy!
What we discovered is that S&S has served Fresh hand-crafted choice cuts of Real Beef in its burgers since 1934!
Their hand-dipped milk shakes come in classic flavors & other innovative ones like the birthday cake milk shake that we tried and it is absolutely wonderful! Plenty of other interesting flavors were peruse as well!
So, When you're out on the road looking for great service and a quick & delicious meal this should be at the top of your list!
Thanks to our server Spring, we made some choices that she suggested which turned into some very delightful dinning!
Thanks SPRING! Your friendly & helpful manner made our day! Bella & Jon C.

2  Thank legacyendeavors
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on our through town and we were there for well over an hour. We needed to ask for things like silverware, water, even the bill. Our shakes were delivered 15 mins AFTER we were done eating. We saw several diners leaving with shakes "to go". Hopefully this was just a bad day, but with all the restaurants in the area they need to step it up.

Reviewed March 27, 2018

This restaurant is right off the interstate, however if you're traveling north on I-57, you won't see it getting of the Interstate. It hides behind the Drury Hotel. I had a late dinner here with my aunt. Our food was good and our waitress was very nice and attentive. Our food came in a reasonable amount of time.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 14, 2018

Good franchise, good food, good service. Much better than the Marion, Carbondale, Paducah stores. Give it a try.

Date of visit: February 2018