All reviews baked potato hot dogs nachos free drinks shower gel penne pasta breakfast and dinner indoor outdoor pool soups steak and shake adult beverages wonderful hotel happy hour chilli biscuits mixed drinks great place to stay
Reviewed April 18, 2018

This was our first stay at a Drury chain. It was also our first stay in Mt. Vernon. We liked the fact that we never had to leave the premises once we got settled. Right off the bat we were greeted with the taste of free popcorn and soda.Nice.
The room was spacious, clean, and well-appointed. I loved the walk in shower vs. the many places that have a tub to crawl over. Not a big deal but something I liked. That evening they had a spread of simple food one could graze through. Anything from hotdogs to tacos to salads. Definitely not 5 star dining but good enough for us. They also served adult beverages for those of us that would like to relax and unwind from driving all day. A very nice touch that I haven't experienced for a long time. After eating, back in our room I fired up the laptop to check weather conditions for our next day travel and was surprised at the speed. I did a check and found it at 20 Mbs download. Fantastic!
The king bed was comfortable and the room was fairly quiet. The next morning for breakfast we were greeted with the same kind of breakfast spread with a smorgasbord of choices. All that I sampled was very acceptable.
All and all this was the best place I have stayed in a long long time. Thank you
Drury.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ralph B
Reviewed April 17, 2018

Best Stay ever! every staff member was friendly. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Food was served breakfast and dinner. Beautiful lobby the hotel was clean.Great price for stay. nice conference rooms. not one bad word to say about this hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Drury Hotels
1  Thank akeelaredmond
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

After driving 10 hours from Florida we checked into the Drury Inn. Easy to find , right off of I 57. What a great place to stay! Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Quiet. New hotel. Hot tub and pool were perfect. Front desk friendly and very accommodating. Now comes the best part. This hotel was amazing! Popcorn in the lobby for guests all day long and free soda. Happy hour at 5:30 followed by a meal which was chicken and tacos along with a salad . They also had hot dogs for the kids and nachos. In the morning breakfast was served. It was nice to be able to not have to leave the hotel once we checked in. From now on this hotel chain is my go to chain!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank georgettem699
Reviewed April 9, 2018

We normally stay in Hilton & Marriott properties so what we missed here (and I guess all Drury's) is the free newspaper, bar soap,shampoo & conditioner that comes with their competition. Also surprised at the internet which seems less secure, as there is no need to enter a room # and/or password to enter? That being said, the room/suite was very nice as was the hotel personnel. The evening get-to-gether with 3 free drinks and meal options that fill the need for dinner was great. The morning breakfast was typically average. I believe will will try a Drury property again.

Room tip: Select an odd number room, which are facing the back. The hotel is facing a busy street and interstate entrance.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob S
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

Mighty difficult to get saddled or involved in poor accommodations at Drury Inn & Suites wherever you locate them! We can usually rest assured that we've been placed in some pretty decent hands and Their Lights Are Definitely On!
Located right off the Highway 57 North and in front of the Steak & Shake Restaurant's main entrance and parking lots, we were delighted to have a place to stay pending predicted bad weather!
Clean comfortable and friendly service with a nice staff and a great breakfast included! We were very appreciative for the reliability of this place being available in Mount Vernon and its close proximity to many other interesting places! Thanks DRURY!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple