“Impeccable Staff”

Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Naperville
Wheaton, Illinois
“Impeccable Staff”
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Even though this place is not a four star on Michigan Avenue,it is placed within walking distance to downtown Naperville. Not my reasoning at all for being so pleased. I needed a place to hang my hat while I was closing on a home. Now, although at $260/week (through Priceline at a one or maybe two star rating) with some decent necessities met like cable, Wii-fi, maid service every day, a decent continental...for the price, I definitely was pleased with what I received. After two months here, the most memorable and best part about this place was the staff. They were personable,but respectful. Prompt, happy to get you what you needed, took care of stuff right away. Never later, always now, for a long term stay like I had,this place with these people is what gives a two star a five on this site.They made mefeel at home,while maintaining professionalism. good stuff, very happy.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Michael S, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, 30 October 2012
We would like to personally thank you for spending your valuable time filling out a survey. We always strive to make every guest feel at home and enjoy the guest experience, be it for one, two, or 20 days. Thank you again for the kind words of encouragement.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Dubuque, Iowa
Reviewed 11 October 2011

This is possibly the worst place I have ever stayed. As we pulled up to the hotel there are people hanging around outside in their pajama pants smoking. There are people hanging out in the lobby and in their rooms with their doors open - apparently people live at this hotel. One woman was walking around in her room with her door open in a thong - barf! One couple in our party arrived to their room finding the door propped open and the tv on. They went back to the desk and asked for a different room where they were told the maid was likely just making sure everything worked. When they returned to the room and checked it out even further they found a 3 foot smear of feces on the bathroom wall. They had to argue with the front desk person to get a different room. He finally "found" a room after a long, long time. In our room, there was a guy next door they played the same chord on his guitar and sang (terribly) along until 0230 AM! The room phone did not work - the button that one pushed to dial the front desk directly was broke. I would guess from overuse based on the experience we had. We expected a clean plain hotel without frills. It was a dump! Stay clear of this place!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
Michael S, General Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, 1 November 2012
We do apologize for any issues you may have had in the past. The hotel is under new management and you will not ever have to worry about any of those issues at our hotel as we strive to not only be the best value in town, but offer a great guest experience.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I have always had satisfactory stays at Baymont properties, so I did not bother to check Trip Advisor. When will I ever learn? The Baymont Naperville is located in a dying mall. It is dreary from the outside. The reception and breakfast areas are small and dreary. We asked to see the room before we checked in. One smell and one look and we cancelled our reservation and began the search for a new place to stay. I have never seen a Baymont in such a sorry condition. We would not have spent a week there, even if it were free.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DonPaulo
We do apologize and assure you that we are in the process of a fresh renovation to make our hotel exceed guest standards for the Baymont brand.
Brandon, FL
Reviewed 7 August 2011

The first thing when we walked in was the reeking smell of cigarettes. Also the power wasn't working so the front desk had to reset the breaker for our room. The AC keeps turning off and the room also contained an annoying fly and several mosquitoes, I'm praying there are no bed bugs. The bathroom door is broken. The only positives are they did let us check in early, the internet seems to work well, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 14 July 2011

I stayed for a week with my family of 4, including 2 teenage daughters. All hours of the day and night there was a crowd of 5 - 8 adults hanging around outside the main entrance -- talking, smoking, and some drinking. You have to walk through this crew every time you enter or leave the hotel. There were also frequently people hanging out in cars in the parking lot. One day we pulled up and there was a party going on in a second floor room; the crowd there had removed the screen and were hanging out of the window calling out to people who pulled up. The continental breakfast was pathetic and they ran out of several things, including coffee. The room was clean, but had a strange odor to it. To be fair, the staff was friendly and the price was cheap.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
I do apologize for any inconvenience and assure you we are in the process of a fresh renovation. We also retrained staff and we do not allow people to gather in public areas, and we do not allow partys in our guest rooms as well.
STL
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I have stayed at the Baymont several times this year. Each time I have enjoyed my stay. The hotel is located close to downtown Naperville and major highways. The staff has been friendly. The rooms are newly renovated and clean. The continental breakfast provides the usually assortment of breakfast items, including cereal, toast, yogurt, coffee, and fruit. The hotel is also pet-friendly. Free WI-FI is also provided.

Based on the hotel's location, level of service, amenities provided, and cleanliness of the rooms, I recommend staying here over the other highly-priced hotels in the area. The normal rack rate is $55 a night. The hotel also gives travelers extended stay options at deep discounts. I plan to stay here for two weeks in the spring, as I travel frequently from STL to Chicagoland.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
theresagio, Manager at Motel 6 Naperville, responded to this review, 28 October 2010
Thank you for your review of our Baymont Inn and Suites hotel in Naperville.
We are very happy to hear that we have consistently exceeded your expectations and we consider many return visits as the highest compliment!
I appreciate the mention of our friendly staff as we strive to provide excellent service for all of our guests, We are glad that our convenient location, complimentary continental breakfast, and accommodations are well suited to your travel needs.
We look forward to seeing you again the next time you visit the area and thank you again for taking the time to post your review.
Charlotte
Reviewed 23 July 2008

Its one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The room has a smell that assults you as soon as you enter. It smells like wet dog and strong cleaner. They explained it away as their brand of cleaner.

The high speed wireless is only good in the lobby. Its worse than dail-up in the rooms. If you think your going to be working on your laptop while staying here you have another thing coming. The people at the front desk will have you call their wireless company and they will claim its your laptop. Its working great in the lobby were I am posting this from.

I will never stay here again.

• Liked — They are very blunt and honest about not being able to help you
  • Disliked — The smell and the lack of internet connect
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank DeaconIT
I do apologize for any inconvenience and assure you we are in the process of a fresh renovation. We also are in the process of upgrading our wireless internet.