See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 1, 2018

It is amazing the different experiences people can have at the same property. We were passing through Bloomington heading back to Canada after our western sojourn. We just wanted a clean place to rest our heads, near the highway, before driving another 12+ hours. For a good price. And we got all that. The price was very cheap, so what do people expect? We had one of the newer-looking rooms, with its interesting orange and brown hues and more interesting furniture/bathroom fixtures. But it was spacious and very clean. The hallways, and entry doors do not look like the room, and really need a renovation. I could see how it might get sketchy with the wrong people. But I can only report on our experience, and it was totally fine. The young man at the front-desk was also very friendly. Maybe we were lucky, but it was a positive experience for us.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

Disgusting!! Poop on the walls in the bathroom. Bed bugs bit the crap out of us. Pillows torn up. Dust bunnies everywhere. Freezer full of crusty ice we had to clean ourselves. Tried to overcharge when prebooked. Front desk staff are nice. That's about all I can say thats good. Mattress is old and sheets don't cover it. Hallways have not been cleaned other than vacuuming. Trash cans overflowing. AC loud but nothing compared to drunk neighbors. Dont let them put you by the stairwell. Floors not cleaned. I dont think the sheets have ever been changed. Cockroach came out with ice cubes. All I can say is, stay away. Health department needs to check this place. Should be shut down. Staff is overscheduled but not much done here. Definite craphole. Will never return here

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Normal-Bloomington Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

Dear Bubba, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your visit was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

Stopped here because we were too tired to drive any further. Just needed a place to sleep. We literally barricaded our door because of the harassing men loitering in the hallways. Played a few games like "name that stain" and " how bad do I need a shower". Luckily I was exhausted and was able to pass out and chalk it up to a nightmare. Stay somewhere, anywhere else (even your car).

Room tip: another hotel, car, cardboard box, anywhere but here.
Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Jen, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Safety and security are high priorities within Motel 6 standards for quality and we regret you felt differently during your visit. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please know the issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We walked in the front door, and I swore under my breath because I remembered my last hotel 6 experience left me saying never again. This place wasn't bad at all. The hallways need some attention, but the room was clean. They have the cheap bed frames like you find in the other Motel 6 rooms, the floors are newer looking laminate, and very clean. The shower shows some signs of age, but was clean. We got a nice comfy bed, a shower and the air conditioner worked. This Motel 6 made me decide it was ok to use this chain again. I think we paid $45 to stay here, and it was fine for the money. If you're not just looking for a place to clean up and crash for the night, move on. I would absolutely stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed August 17, 2017

I stayed one night instead of a planned for 5. Normally I dont mind staying in a budget price hotel if I feel comfortable, beds are not bricks, and the rooms are quite. I was not comfortable here. Would not recommend.

The Good: The staff was available and friendly. The hotel was quiet on the night I was there, rooms are easy to access, and the bed was acceptable for sleeping on.

The Bad: Certain things where just disgusting. First mistake I made was picking up the remote control, which was covered in a film of food and what seemed like bodily fluids. Many of the towels and pillows were stained, with a comforter that had large cigarette burns all the way through. The shower floor was damp with a film over it. If the remote requires you to shower, and the shower is worse than a locker room, it is not a comfortable place to stay.

I did notice two homeless looking gentlemen, with a strong odor and a few cases of beer checking in around 5am as I left. I suppose this place is better than sleeping on the street.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Normal-Bloomington Area, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Dear Jordan, Thank you for taking the time to post your review and recognizing our friendly staff.

We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the comfort issues you describe.

We invite you to contact our Guest Relations Department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience.