“Won't be going back”
Review of Zorbas - CLOSED

Zorbas
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I went to Zorbas during a very slow Sunday. Besides my mom and I, only two or three other tables were in the entire restaurant. The waitress only brought out water cups, took our order, and brought out food. We never saw her again, so no refills. A woman who seemed to be the owner was yelling at her kids for a lot of the meal, or talking to the staff. After a while we realized no one was going to bring us our ticket, so we went to the register to pay. The cashier had to find our waitress, who was in the bathroom fixing her hair. While we were paying, the same woman from earlier was trying to chat up the cashier about her boyfriend instead of letting her take care of business. Really seemed like the staff was unprofessional.

I had a gyro, which was okay. The french fries that came with it weren't very good. Overall, there's a lot of other options for gyros around town, and all offer better quality and service than Zorbas. Not to mention, the picture they're using on TripAdvisor isn't even what their building looks like. Kind of sketchy.

Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

Came to eat with my family. Place was not busy but it still took them a long time to attend us. Whenwe received our food it was cold. Server never came back to see how the food was. Next time i will go to ihop.

Reviewed 11 October 2012

I ate here last week, and other reviews are correct in describing the physical characteristics of the restaurant. It is a little dilipidated, and there were leaves blown in from nature's seasonal purge. If you can get over that you'll have a decent dining experience. The gyro plate that I had was a good size for the money and I was not disappointed by the taste.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have been to Zorbas many times. The place itself is a dump. The building is shabby not chic and I have been there when the roof was leaking and the plumbing was out of order. But the food at breakfast isn't bad and the people are friendly. it has a bit of cult like following among the regulars but i believe it's more sympathetic than based on the overall quality.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Wanted to eat there...closed?? WTH? Located near the Southwest corner of ISU.

1  Thank dean s