“Gryos”
Review of Zorbas - CLOSED

Zorbas
Reviewed 27 April 2016

I usually get here is Gyros.most of the time.i have had the greek salad. They seem to serve a lot of breakfast.Call first.A friend said they might be closed.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

Wife and I decided to try this place based on reviews and were looking for a good breakfast location since we are new to town. We can around 10 am and the place was desolate except for one other patron. We were seated and promptly ordered our meal. The decor and upkeep of the restaurant is extremely poor. The light fixture above our head was broken and the restaurant had a dirty feel about it. We just tried ignoring the signs and waited for our food to arrive. The food was not good, i ordered scrambled eggs and biscuits and gravy, the eggs were bland and i asked for cheese and they just threw a piece of sliced cheese on it and called it a day. My wife had pancakes which she said tasted like soggy cardboard. We promptly finished what we could and left never to return.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

We visited on a slow week day morning. We were immediately hit by the oh so familiar smell of must and dirty restaurant floor. It appeared clean, but very worn. It was very patched together, with ripped chairs and stained ceiling tiles. We were starving, so we stayed. The waitress was good enough. Not overly friendly, but she did her job, albeit slowly for having only two other tables occupied in the whole place. Our breakfast was, but for the french toast, awful. Barely cooked, cold hashed browns, my eggs were WAY undercooked. We requested crispy bacon and it was not at all crispy. As I said, we were starving, so wedge into the french toast. THAT was amazing. It is a shame I won't be having it in the future. When the whole place has only six guests (three tables) can only make one of four things well, you don't get my business again. It might work for 3am food, but not much else. If not for the french toast, it would have only gotten 1 star from me.

Reviewed 18 March 2015

My wife and I went to Zorba's for breakfast due to the good TA reviews. Not much new that I can add to all the previous reviews as they were "spot on" regarding the quality of the food, the service, the remodeling they've done, the reasonable prices, etc. We enjoyed the experience better than a chain restaurant and would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

A typical greasy spoon with good, decent breakfasts at reasonable prices with quick, friendly service. Although in the heart of the student zone near ISU, Zorba's primary customer base seems to be long-term locals.