“Celebrating Anniversary”

Sybaris Northbrook
Indiana
“Celebrating Anniversary”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband surprised me with a Sybaris overnight getaway and I was very happy that he did. We had the room with the pool which was a great bonus. The room was very, very clean and that is a big thing for me when I stay places. The massaging chair, surround sound music, water fall, jacuzzi and steam shower, all helped in celebrating our anniversary. I thought the cottage's are very nice and private. Everything worked fine no problems at all. I great way to celebrate your anniversary!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Mikaagape

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I took my husband to the Sybaris for his Birthday he was really surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a nice stereo sound system, fridge, and even a microwave. It was really nice there was a stem room and large Jacuzzi plenty of towels. We also signed up for a late check-out which was really nice. They sent us an email if you would like to check out late at 2 for $35 more it was worth it not having to rush and relax some more. We really enjoyed the time there we will be back again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbyD24
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Sybaris provides a unique experience for couples. I was a bit hesitant to book a room fearing it might be tacky. I read several reviews and others seemed pleased so I decided to give it a try. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised! The staff was helpful and the room was clean. Waiting for us in our room was champagne, complimentary glasses, robes and slippers. We were given fresh robes and glasses everyday so we could take ours home unused. A bottle a champagne was provide for each night we stayed. Our villa had a bedroom area and a pool room. The bedroom had a fireplace, TV, stereo, a whirlpool tub and massage chair. The pool room had a pool with a rainfall feature, a hot tub and a steam room. It was such a treat to have these amenities all to ourselves to use 24 hours a day! It provides the ultimate in relaxation and romance. If you are looking for privacy and enjoy these types of amenities it is worth the spending the money and staying a few days.

Room Tip: The Majestic swimming pool is a bit larger than the Paradise pool and also includes the whirlpool ba...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank escapeelf
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My husband and I visited Sybaris in Northbrook early June and we had a blast. The staff were friendly, professional and very welcoming. We are planning to go again mid September for my husband's birthday. Can't wait! The whole trip went smoothe, until when we arrived back home we realized that I forgot my jewelry box!!!!!! i immediately called Sybaris and they said they have put away for me. I had a call a few times to inquire if the manager approved to mail it to me in Michigan (it was heavy). Finally they end up mailing to me in the same condition I left it in. Nothing was missing. I am very appreciative. That is true customer service!!!!! We'll be back in September!!!
Samar

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank maisari05
North Dakota
Reviewed 27 June 2011

My wife and I stayed for a few days on our 25th Anniversary. The place is beautiful. The room we stayed in was actually a seperate building. Very private and quiet. Lots of fun for couples. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 4 March 2011

We stayed in the Paradise Suite which was just perfect for us! All of the pictures are just what it is!! It is very clean and private! Bring your fun bag with candles and "what not's" and this place has it all in your room. We brought food and never left! It's a must...we live in Kansas and will be back!! We bought the membership which gives you the early check in or out when you stay which is AWESOME! I found coupons on chicagocoupons.com and saved $75. The bed wasn't made for sleeping so if that's what you want to do this is NOT the room for that. Conveniently placed power outlets in the headboard with lighting for the bed. Also, it has eye hooks strategically placed for bondage or swings if your in to that...bring your toys! TV had movies and an adult channel included. Ipod or CD stereo setup with load speakers just turn it up over the hottub and waterfall!! We have stayed in some nice suites for the same money and this one blows them all away! They are individual suites with drives...very cool idea. I wish I had known years ago....we plan to go every year a few times at least!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank ItsTish
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed 6 January 2011

Very nice. Clean. fresh... just a very fun place to visit. We stayed in the swim spa unit #8. Cn't say enough good about it. The only reason I didn't vote this excellent was the exhaust fan in the pool room was very noisy and rattled.... about to break. I told mgmnt about it the next morning, they very quickly disconnected it which stopped the noise, but now there was no ehaust fan in the pool room, it got pretty hot and humid with out the fan. really... not a big deal, but if they had replaced the fan, it would have been better.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gsl213
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
#1 of 4 in Northbrook
Downtown / The Loop
Hyatt Regency Chicago
Hyatt Regency Chicago
#88 of 190 in Chicago

Been to Sybaris Northbrook? Share your experiences!