“Majestic Suite” 4 of 5 bubbles

Sybaris Northbrook
New Athens, Illinois
“Majestic Suite”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Sybaris in Northbrook, Illinois on Jan. 25th. We stayed in the majestic suite this time and I have to say that it is much nicer than the paradise suite (we stayed in that one last time). It looked like a newly remodeled room and the furnishings were much nicer than the paradise suite. It had a huge whirlpool tub that was probably large enough for three people next to the bed. The room itself was much larger, with newer carpet and overall much more space to move around. The steam shower was nice and pool and hot tub looked about the same size as the one in the paradise suite maybe a tad larger. The bed was hard and uncomfortable but we had that problem in the paradise room as well, and we really didn't come to sleep. My husband loved the Sharper image chair that was in the room. He commented that the sound system in this room wasn't as good as the one in the paradise room but overall I think that this room is much nicer than the Paradise room and if you can afford to upgrade, I would do so. The paradise room was nice but not as large or as nicely furnished as the majestic. The only complaint we had was the hot tub was a bit bubbly and the pool wasn't crystal clear. It was a very nice stay and we will probably go back again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Jackie C

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
yukon, ok
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2011

This place seems very "under-discovered." Like others, I was afraid it would be...icky or sleazy. Quite the opposite! It was beautiful! We had the Chalet (I think). It had a FULL-SIZED swimming pool, slide, hot tub, steam room and a jetted bathtub bigger than my kingsized bed. The whole cottage was immaculate! The bed was comfortable - loved the rose petals & balloons. Oh, we also had the chocolate covered strawberries & champagne waiting in our room when we arrived - DEVINE!!! When we first arrived, it took a while to get my bearing. Just about every wall is mirrors, top to bottom, and I walked into a few walls (kind of like a funhouse). But I really think the mirrors added to the ambiance. The pool was clean, warm and FUN!! There were local restaurant delivery menus in the room - we had pizza and salad delivered our 1st night and went out to eat the 2nd. I really hated leaving and would recommend this to any couple!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Kristin m
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

We got the room with the pool/ hot tub. It was a nice experience, but a LOT smaller than it looks on commercials and pics. Very private and romantic, but i think the price was too much for the quality. We did enjoy our anniversary there and im glad we tried it! I would return if the price went down.

• Stayed August 2011
4 Thank vacationbug84
St. Charles, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2011

In Sept 2011 my husband and I booked our second stay in a majestic pool suite at the Northbrook Sybaris. It was excellent!! From the moment we walked in I was relaxed. The room was VERY clean and the music was playing on the radio when we arrived. There were 2 clean robes in plastic on the bed, the HUGE tub was pristine, the pool was aglow, the bed was lit from below. It was all very inviting......

We stopped at Bob Chinn's crabhouse on the way to pick up some Mai Tai's to go (in my opinion this is a must because they are soooo good) There was a fridge stocked with ice (more available if we just called the desk) some cups and a fridge to keep it all cold. The TV channels were limited but really....who's there to just watch TV. The fireplace was lovely, the pool was a nice 90 degrees. The hot tub was kinda chemically smelling...but not too bad. The steam shower was probably my favorite thing there, 4 shower heads coming out of the ceiling, one hand held shower head, and then steam all around.......pure heaven. Bring CD's because you can load your own music and listen to it out in the pool or the bedroom, no iPod dock though, and there is a DVD player as well.

Last time we only booked an afternoon, this time we spent the night. Definitely worth the extra $$$$ to have it for the night. The bed was comfy, I could have slept till noon since there weren't any windows, but check out is at 11. All in all, great stay and we'll definitely be back soon!!

Room Tip: All suites are private bungalows, but the Majestic ones are the BEST
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vegasholic
New Athens, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My Husband and I stayed in the Paradise Suite at the Northbrook, Illinois location on 8-7-2011 for his Birthday. We loved the pool and the steam shower! I had just a few tiny complaints. The room had an "odd" smell, my Husband said it was probably from the pool being so close to the bedroom. I eventually got used to it and it no longer bothered me. The shower in the bathroom didn't have any hot water for some reason so we just used the steam shower. The bed was very uncomfortable but we didn't go there to sleep! We spent most of our time in the pool and hot tub. I found the room to be quite clean and had no complaints there. It is like walking back into the 80's with the decor but not in a bad way. We had so much fun and after completing a short survey we were given some very good coupons for a future stay. We are already planning a return trip for next March for our 5 year anniversary! I highly recommend this place for any couple wanting alone time with their special someone! The fun we had out weighed any tiny complaints that we did have!! I only gave it 4 stars because it wasn't a "perfect" stay, but well worth the 4 stars!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jackie C
Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

My husband surprised me with a Sybaris overnight getaway and I was very happy that he did. We had the room with the pool which was a great bonus. The room was very, very clean and that is a big thing for me when I stay places. The massaging chair, surround sound music, water fall, jacuzzi and steam shower, all helped in celebrating our anniversary. I thought the cottage's are very nice and private. Everything worked fine no problems at all. I great way to celebrate your anniversary!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Mikaagape
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I took my husband to the Sybaris for his Birthday he was really surprised. The room was clean and comfortable. There was a nice stereo sound system, fridge, and even a microwave. It was really nice there was a stem room and large Jacuzzi plenty of towels. We also signed up for a late check-out which was really nice. They sent us an email if you would like to check out late at 2 for $35 more it was worth it not having to rush and relax some more. We really enjoyed the time there we will be back again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DebbyD24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Northbrook
Hilton Northbrook
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
#16 of 186 in Chicago
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,239 reviews

Been to Sybaris Northbrook? Share your experiences!