“Great sushi in the suburbs!”

Kamehachi - NorthShore
Reserve with OpenTable
Kamehachi - NorthShore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 126 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadow
Transit: Metra 1 block west
Reviewed November 14, 2016

We were in town for a field hockey tournament and didn't want to drive into downtown for dinner. This was the perfect answer! Fresh fish, nice atmosphere, friendly staff, great sushi. We had a variety of dishes and shared them, but the poke special was particularly fabulous!

Reviewed October 13, 2016 via mobile

What a special night it was to celebrate my daughter's 15th birthday - the ambiance was enchanting, food delicious and since it is right in Northbrook, SO CONVENIENT! We started off with tempura and sushi appetizers before our entree. I mentioned it was a birthday, our server brought us this fabulous dessert to share. What a special night!! Thank you Kamehachi!!!

Reviewed August 30, 2016 via mobile

We came to Northbrook for an appointment. What a beautiful village!!
We needed lunch, so went to trusty Trip Advisor, found this delicious Japanese restaurant. We both ordered the Lunch Box, but 2 different types so could share. For $13 it was more than enough food. It come with miso soup, 2 types of sushi rolls cucumber salad, edamane, and teriyaki beef!!! If we ever come back I'm eating here again. And it's really nice and high end on the inside too.

Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Great fresh raw fish and great Service from a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Thursday's and Friday's can be crowded but I've never had to wait.

Reviewed July 19, 2016 via mobile

I read some of review before going here. I was expecting good fish and not great service. I ordered charishi and I forgot to say no shellfish. It came and I sent it back because it was full of things I could not identify and I said please no shellfish, I can't have shellfish. I should have mentioned I also don't like egg. Anyway, a new bowl comes. It is very difficult to eat charishi in a tightly packed bowl so I deconstructed it on the lettuce and the table. I pick out the omelet, 2 of the 11 pieces. And then I come across 2 round pieces of something. I assume this scallop which I don't eat either. I take these out as well. Instead of seasoning the rice was topped with mushrooms. Interesting, tasty even but after the shellfish I was not in the mood for experiment. Net I lost 4 out 11 pieces to my meal. The waitress did not care. She said the round things were fish she did not bring something for me to put the discards on. I paid and up charge for salad replacing soup and 50 cents for spicy mayo. Net $30 for a solo dinner that made me itchy.