“Wonderful”

Kamehachi - NorthShore
Reserve with OpenTable
Kamehachi - NorthShore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 126 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Meadow
Transit: Metra 1 block west
Reviewed May 24, 2017 via mobile

We tried a lot of different sushi rolls and they were fantastic! Lots of spicy rolls with very fresh fish. The kids menu was great as well with a chicken teriyaki bento box.

Reviewed February 28, 2017

I'd been to Kamehachi during a food tour and loved the shitake sushi we sampled. My husband loves sushi, so I took him here for lunch. Wow! Everything we had was delicious. We split a couple of appetizers--the mushrooms and polenta and a vegetable spring roll. Both were very good and beautifully presented.
My husband had the rainbow sushi and I had the shitake. He loved it--said it was the best sushi he's had. And, again, beautifully plated.
The service was also excellent. We lingered over lunch, and our waitress never made us feel rushed. She was also very helpful when my husband was trying to decide which sushi to have.
We can't wait to go back!

Reviewed February 24, 2017 via mobile

Always love stopping in after work .
Delicious entree's . Love the Ramen and Potsticker special. I added the house salad and a couple pieces of sushi. All were fresh and arrived in a timely matter. My special half off martini was pretty good as well. So happy I have this go to place.

Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I have been to Kamehachi in Northbrook nearly a dozen times. On weekends, it's busy and a reservation is recommended (though not always necessary). On weekdays, it is much less crowded. We went on Valentine's Day 2017.

It was crowded but we managed to get a small table for 2 at 7pm w/o a reservation. Service can be slow - but our server was very nice and friendly.

I ordered a special with rice, salmon, and various vegetables. I did not realize that the salmon was uncooked (or very lightly seared) - my bad; I should have asked. In the past, I've always requested it medium well as I'm not a sushi eater. They could not change the order as the sushi bar is different than where the other meals are cooked. I don't blame the restaurant.

The spicy wings are made to order; they are served fresh out of the fryer, so they are hot and take some time to cook but they are delicious.

I've had the grilled salmon and it's a very good entre.

Parking is easy. There is usually plenty of street parking and there is always parking in the lot behind the restaurant.

Plus, Graeter's is just 50 yards away for dessert afterwards.

Reviewed January 4, 2017

we went for dinner, had a great time with awesome sushi. Chef Cho is wonderful, if you can have chef create something for you. for appetizers the fresh tuna tacos is a must!
the bbq pork bao is just as good. as for the sushi we wanted something different, we tend to always get the same thing: the wonderful roll and the spicy tuna deluxe was great. and the mochi ice cream to end the night. great food, good service we will be back during the summer to enjoy the patio area.