“Had to do a double take ”

Francesco's Hole In The Wall
Ranked #1 of 129 Restaurants in Northbrook
Price range: US$0 - US$30
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

In town on business and dropped in on this restaurant based on the reviews. It was magnificent. It was so good we went back 2 days later. Please note...It’s a quaint location hidden off the street. Be prepared to wait a while. Come early or later. Even if you have to wait it will be worth it. Because they are moving so many people in and out don’t be offended if your server wants to get down to business...you can order off menu..if you have a favorite dish let them know. Our dishes included the black linguini, chicken v. something, meatballs and pasta, linguini and lobster, tiramisu was to die for, chocolate banana cake was killer and the owner checks in on you to make sure you’re good...can’t wait to get back to town for this treat.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

The food and service at this restaurant are outstanding. If you don't see something that you want on it's incredible daily menu, they will create anything you desire. I highly recommend this Italian restaurant. It is small and the tables are very close together, but it is definitely one of my favorites.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed May 27, 2018

This was our first trip to this restaurant. It was amazing. Small with maybe 20 tables. They do not take reservations. The place feels up fast. Great food and service. Sea food was outstanding. Pasta was very good and the veal meat balls were great.

Reviewed May 21, 2018 via mobile

This place is a locals favorite. Our bellman recommended it and I was so glad. Everything was delicious. The place filled up minutes after opening.

I was also told to get the butter cake. It’s something I never would have ordered otherwise but it was fantastic. Please save room for it!

Reviewed May 17, 2018

We were able to make our first visit for a celebration. We went on a Wednesday evening and it was incredibly busy and we soon found out why. The service, the food - extra special! The menu is on a chalk board & my husband was disappointed when they erased a dish he wanted shortly before we were seated. However, everything on the menu looked delicious. I had the salmon and it was the best ever. I was amazed that in such a small, super busy restaurant that the staff made everyone feel welcome and important. I hope to make it there again soon.