All reviews ruth's chris north shore front desk staff pancetta the concierge lounge botanical gardens aveda products edens expressway nice hotel free parking hotel restaurant on premises lobby area breakfast buffet mini fridge night's sleep nice stay
Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

We stay at this hotel for the first time , very nice , they need an apdate / remodel .. bathrooms kinda small / older furniture.. nice lobby , free parking.. very close to Ravinia, and the have a free shuttle.. for travel 15 min ride away/ nice staff

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2018

Dear Darin A,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us! We are pleased to hear that enjoyed your experience overall and were able to utilize the complimentary shuttle service to attend a concert at Ravinia. We will begin updating the hotel this summer which will include a full guestroom renovation in an effort to provide an even better experience for our guests. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future!

Reviewed June 21, 2018 via mobile

Upgraded to concierge floor even though we booked through Priceline & got a great rate. Comfortable beds, full set of Aveda products in bathroom (including mouthwash, body wash, vanity kit, as well as shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower cap). Yummy treats at happy hour (grilled cheese & prosciutto mini sandwiches and bruschetta for Marriott rewards members in a quiet bar area. Just wish the garbage hadn’t been noisily collected at 6 am.

1  Thank Vicki E
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2018

Dear Vicki E,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accommodates and service you were provided. We truly appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Chicago North Shore Area!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

We got a great rate online from a travel site, so booked here as a treat to stay at a really nice hotel. Rooms are very clean; comfortable bed; daily servicing is complete. Hotel front desk blamed me for not asking if there is a nearby train station after we casually mentioned the amount we’d spent in Chicago parking over 2 days and offered no explanation why an incidental charge was billed (not held/pending) on my credit card.

Left a sour taste from what was an expected superior hotel stay.

1  Thank Ryank673
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2018

Dear Ryank673,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience with us. While we are pleased to hear that you found the accommodations to be satisfactory, I apologize that we fell short in other areas. We appreciate your business and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the Chicagoland area.

Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

We sold our home nearby earlier in the month, and spent seven nights at the Renaissance North Shore over the last two weeks. My wife and I really loved it at the hotel. The lobby is warm, welcoming and well-designed. The elevators are quick and quiet. No complaints with our room - clean and comfortable. Excellent fitness facilities.

Can’t say enough about the front desk staff!Everyone was friendly and super-helpful. I got a number of texts from Jarrett asking how my stay was going and whether I needed anything. That’s a level of service I rarely find when staying at a hotel. Also, when we left our room, we accidentally forgot an important item. Denise, the delightful phone receptionist, had it waiting for us. Ramina, Katya, Freddie - I wish I could remember each of their names!

When the entire staff is this guest oriented, it tells me that hotel management has high standards. I understand that there will be further renovating in the months ahead, which will make future stays even nicer. Looking forward to coming back soon!

Dear Roger W,

Thank yuh for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are very pleased to hear that you sound the hotel to be comfortable and accommodating during your time with us. I will ensure to share your feedback with our team and commend them on a job well done. We truly appreciate your business and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

This wasn’t my first stay at this property although it was the longest by far. I was there for over a week and learned the property well.

The staff are ALL fantastic. Everyone from check-in, housekeeping, restaurant manager, concierge lounge staff, even the rental car manager were all fantastic. I did not have a single average encounter let alone a negative one. All of the food on property was good.

The only real drawback of the property is that it quite dated and the furnishings are tired. There are plans to completely renovate this summer and the drawings are fantastic. If it even closely resembles the designs then it will be good.

If you have a car then there is plenty close by to see and do. If you are walking you are in trouble. The few times I ventured out on foot I found the road to be quite treacherous. You could Uber or Lyft but it would be nice to just be able to walk around and stretch your legs.

I also wish there were better food selections in the concierge lounge.

Otherwise I wouldn’t hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank DustinKane
StephenBarr_GM, General Manager at Renaissance Chicago North Shore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2018

Dear DustinKane,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! We are very pleased to hear that you were pleased with the level of service provided by our team. We will begin updating the hotel this summer in an effort to provide an even better experience for our guests. We truly appreciate your business and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future!