“Way better than a fast food burger”
Review of Fuddruckers

Fuddruckers
Ranked #70 of 127 Restaurants in Northbrook
Reviewed April 4, 2018

We stopped at Fuddruckers for a later dinner, after a movie at a nearby theatre. Located in a medium-sized strip mall, there is plenty of parking for this Fuddruckers. Jon, at the counter, was efficient and friendly . We picked a 2/3 lb. burger and an order of onion rings. We asked that the burger be done to medium rare and it was. We prefer to order a plain burger, as there are cheese choices at the condiment counter. The cheddar cheese was not warm at the condiment stand, but it was still tasty. We also ordered a chocolate brownie to take home. Really good food for less than $15.00 for two people. The only issue had nothing to do with the food. There was a staff member picking up trays and dishes from the tables. The cart that she was using had the most annoying squeak - almost sounding like nails on a chalkboard. Thank God, she only came out with it once on to the floor.

Reviewed January 24, 2018

Fuddruckers is one of those places that will invariably create an excellent burger for you. They have a number to chose from, including the exotic variety. They also have at least 3 different sizes, a 1/3 lb., a 1/2 lb. and a 2/3 lb. We opted for the plain 2.3 lb. burger to split which came exactly as we asked - medium rare & juicy. There are so many toppings to put on, that we both would rather pick and choose, what and how much to put on - as far as toppings. We also got a side order of onion rings. For dessert, we picked a chocolate browning that had delicious looking and tasting chocolate frosting. This Fuddruckers has the CocaCola Freestyle machines which enable you to pick and choose from more than 100 varieties and flavors of drinks. We thought that the service from Gordon at the order counter was good, and he might have been an acting manager, as he was on the floor and was engaging with people, including us, and was very personable. The price was reasonable and the food was tasty. A really good meal.

Reviewed December 6, 2017

Nothing else really special except burgers just the way you want them. The sides are good too. It's a nice place to go with picky eaters and kids.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

Fuddruckers is a great place to take kids to lunch. Terrific burgers, hot dogs, chili and other goodies. Fun ambience with screens and sports memorabilia. My kids really liked the drink machines (where you select from about 1000 options). It's not the cheapest burger place, but I think the meat actually tastes better than a typical diner. I also like the grilled onions and other specialty items.

Reviewed August 25, 2017

This particular location replaces the restaurant that used to be further down on Skokie Boulevard in Highland Park - but it does not replace the quirky decorations that made that particular place fun to go to. Instead, this location looks more modern, with televisions tuned to all sorts of sports, news and weather - and is much more sterile. Honestly, I miss the goofy things on the walls.

The food is decent enough, but something has changed over the years. Their onion rings have a plastic consistency to their middles (though the breading is pretty good), and while I liked the fact my burger's bun was hot to the touch today, the burger as a whole just didn't "wow" me like they had in years past. And I'm sorry, but the custom mix Coke machine may give the user all sorts of soda variety, but it's not as good as the original fountain dispenser with its more limited selection.

I still go to Fuddruckers because their food is much better than Five Guys, but I don't go nearly as often - it's just not the same place I used to go to down the road, which is a shame.

1  Thank Christopher T