“Warm tapas”
Review of Tapas Gitana

Tapas Gitana
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas Gitana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Northfield
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tapas Gitana offers creative, Spanish cuisine that ranges from daily specials such as Pez Del Dia, entrees, tapas, and a unique wine selection imported from Spain. Tapas Gitana is all about you. Eat. Explore. Live life to the fullest.
Reviewed November 18, 2017

We had 4 warm tapas, trout, meat with goat cheese, pork medallions, and fried artichoke hearts. All came out nicely, a variety of flavors. The artichokes were lightly battered and flash fried, not greasy at all. I agree that the sangria was pricey for half a jar. Decor was pretty, reminiscent of Spain, service was ok. The only thing we could've done without was the tv showing a very violent scene of Good Fellas. It would've otherwise been a perfect date night.

1  Thank Glenview_mom

Reviewed November 8, 2017

This is a wonderful place to take a date. The tapas both cold and hot are delicious and fresh. The staff is extremely helpful in everything, especially suggestions of what to order. In summer you may sit outside which is delightful. The desserts are limited but delicious.

1  Thank Barbiedollstar
Reviewed July 31, 2017

Spanish food is high on my list of favorite foods. I live in the city and frequent Emilios which I love...but every now and then I am at the Botanic Garden and don't want to drive back to Chicago until the express lanes open back up. So I wander over to Tapas Gitana. The restaurant is located 5 miles south of the Botanic Garden - take the Willow road exit off of 94 south.

The food is excellent - nice variety and very authentic. The Boquerónes are actually as good or better than Emilios.

We have eaten here several times and it is always great - service can be spotty.

1  Thank Mary Jo K
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Well we have been up and down with this restaurant for several years. We have had good food and bad service, good service and bad food, and bad food and bad service but for some reason we keep returning to this place. It is very close to our house and it has a great outside patio so we tried again. When we got there they had a large party of about 20 women eating dinner on the patio so we figured based on past experience that we were going to be disappointed again.

However this particular night it all came together for us and we had great food and great service even though the food came out slowly based on the crowd that night. I'm thinking that the owner finally got his act together and I credit him for this.

You never know what next time will be like but this time it was GREAT!!!

1  Thank tennisdir
Reviewed June 18, 2017

I have been coming here consistently for 16 years. The food has always been good, but the service spotty. Tonight we celebrated a birthday and Father's Day and had a decent experience until it came time to pay the bill. I used a standard WBEZ coupon for $25 which I have used many times in the past. However, this time the manager refused to accept it and came out to aggressively tell me so. He said that he did not authorize this with WBEZ and "it is hard to run a small business like this". He was insulting and aggressive and it soon turned ugly. Unfortunately, I will no longer be patronizing his restaurant and I would also advise others to avoid it as well. So much for a 16 year relationship.