“Bad service, OK food after several good visits”

Hemingways Zen Garden
Ranked #20 of 101 Restaurants in O'Fallon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed March 29, 2017

Understaffed significantly on a Saturday night. Waited forever for soup and salad, then the bill. We'd had good meals here previously, but this time was so bad we won't go back.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

This place is my haven in Ofallon. Having just moved from London, I miss wine bars like crazy so this place is a god send! Food is OK but I wasn't overly impressed but the staff are awesome and the drinks are good. Gets so busy when they have live music - I love it here.

Reviewed November 6, 2016

Interesting menu with daily specials and prepared fresh. Comfortable atmosphere. If The owner, Mike, is there and he usually is, talk with him, he's an interesting guy.

Reviewed October 15, 2016

the food at this place always is so fresh and the atmosphere is eclectic, everybody should try it. I was there for lunch and the owners are very hospitable, wish I lived closer.

Reviewed September 29, 2016

A month or so ago we were shopping at the new Fezziwig's Marketplace in the old part of O'Fallon, Illinois, by the train tracks on the south side [I guess!] of town. We told the Fezziwig's owners that we were thinking about driving to St. Rose for lunch and they told us about this place, which is about a block from their store.
So, we walked down and entered this fun, informal, and idiosyncratic little restaurant. The inside is full of neat stuff, the menu has a nice variety, and the lady who took care of us was ultra-nice.
IT WAS A NEAT WAY TO SAMPLE MORE OF WHAT THIS PART OF O'FALLON HAS TO OFFER. Check out this area; there is a nice ice cream place and an interesting looking hair place across the street.

1  Thank PawPawSlim