“Good food, slow service. ”
Review of Reel Club

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Oak Brook Mall
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on mothers day with a old friend. Because of mother's day they were fairly busy although we were seated immediately when we entered.

Our server was Brenda who was very friendly and knew the menu quite well.

While I'm sure she was busy, there were times where we wondered where she was at. It took a while for our main and dessert orders to be taken and for the bill to come and payment to be picked up.

The food itself was great. The seafood gumbo soup was tasty. My entrée of fish and chips was cooked well. My friend enjoyed his shrimp cocktail and lobster filet entrée.

He also enjoyed his banana pie and I my chocolate mousse pie.

I would definitely come here again, but not on such a busy day.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Very nice location. Very quiet Sunday evening. Not crowded. Food was very good. Wait staff on top of everything. Easy parking. Good area with plenty of good resturants to choose from if there is a long wait time.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 6, 2018 via mobile

My husband & I went for a date night during the week. It was just ok, expected more here better for the money.
Ambiance - Excellent (intimate, nice lighting)
Cocktails - delicious overall appearance & presentation low score for dried out lime garnish. A restaurant of this scale & caliber should have all fresh vibrant garnish.
Entree’s - I loved my crab cake (moist, filled w/ fresh crab, & nicely seasoned) seafood salad - huge portion & simply delicious

My hubby ate Chilean sea bass & he said it was just ok.

We would return but my hubby would order something different.

Almost forgot, I ordered a cup of gumbo. The roux was much too dark & not flavorful. I could have skipped this portion of the meal.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 31, 2018

Being a Lettuce Entertain You member, we have gone for brunch at the Reel Club for years. They have a tremendous selection of food for all. Start off with a complimentary Mimosa Inside tip: If you like oysters ask your server for a half or full dozen (it's included) but not widely publicized. Fresh shrimp is packed in ice to enjoy w/cocktail sauce/horseradish. Cracked crab as well. Prime Rib carved for you. Sushi, fish dishes, eggs benedict, and on and on. Finish it off w/a large selection of desserts.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank cpd6198
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

The chowder and Delaware oyster where great - it all went downhill from there. Ordered the Alaska crab legs, warm and rubbery. My wife ordered the Main lobster roll - it was off. Not sure if was the bar servers who didn’t bring the food out quickly or just an off night. Looks like the place has potential...

Date of visit: March 2018