“Excellent Service, Great Food”
Review of Grotto - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 22nd St. Butterfield Rd. & Meyers Road
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
“Excellent Service, Great Food”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I took clients to The Grotto last week and both the service and the food was excellent. The atmosphere on the patio was great. The new menu offers a number of options, the steak and pasta are fantastic and the price was reasonable compared to some of the other restaurants in the area who I believe have a name, but average food and service. Definitely a go-to place.

• Visited August 2011

Oak Brook, Illinois
“Charged Different Prices For The Same Drink Depending Upon Who The Bartender Was”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

Be careful when you go to the bar! I ordered a drink on the rocks (what
they refer to as a "well" drink). The first bartender charged me $8 (a very
reasonable price). A half hour latter, a different bartender charged me
$11.75, for the same drink. A couple of guys came up next to me and
ordered a bottle of beer and a glass of cab, and only paid $11.75 for the
two drinks (the bartender seemed to know these guys). When I ordered
a third drink (exactly the same as the other two drinks), I was charged
$12.00. The thing is, if you're trying to establish yourself as an upscale
restaurant/bar, you don't do this kind of thing.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Guest36468
Downers Grove, IL
“Good Atmosphere - Food way overpriced”
Reviewed 17 October 2010

My husband and I went to Grotto for an anniversary dinner. The appetizers of Bruschetta and Crab Cakes were outstanding. I ordered a 9oz. Filet with peppercorn (which was extra of course). The filet was well below average. I think my husband has cooked a better filet on the grill. My husband ordered Italian style pork chops which he thought were just okay. I also ordered the baked potato which was not even hot when it arrived at the table. We probably will not be visiting again. The food was just too mediocre for the price.

Lombard,IL
“"Just" average”
Reviewed 17 July 2010

We dined at the Grotto after seeing several advertisements and offers in the newspaper. We didn't have any personal reviews from other diners, but we tried it anyway. Two in our group had halibut which was good, however of the other two, one had Osso Buco that was really fatty with lots of gristle and the last diner had "forgettable" pork chops. We waited an extremely long time for our food on an evening when the place wasn't even 1/3 full. The wait was unacceptable, especially when the food was so marginal. Our entrees were served alone on the plate, not garnished, no vegetables and no salad or soup offered as part of the meals. Meals are pricey when drinks and salad or vegetables are added ala carte, we likely will not return to this restaurant.

Chula Vista, California
“Chicken Vesuvio was delectable!”
Reviewed 19 June 2010

I was in Oak Brook for a training course and stopped in for a late dinner, about 9 p.m. I was over hungry. Selected the Chicken Vesuvio since I was watching my calories and noted it was the signature dish. The waiter was careful to tell me it would taken 25 minutes. I decided that I was willing to be patient. The glass of Santa Margherita wine and bread helped stave off the growling in my stomach. The chicken vesuvio was absolutely delicious. Flavorful and light. I ate half (wanted to eat the whole thing) Had the rest for breakfast!. Now I'm on a search for the recipe to make it for my next dinner party!! Trish, San Diego, CA