“A Favorite in Oakbrook Center”
Review of Antico Posto

Antico Posto
Reserve with OpenTable
Antico Posto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 92 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Always busy and never disappointing Italian dishes, great service and happy, friendly crowd clearly enjoying themselves. Pasta dishes, fish and poultry favorites, house-made gelato, large wine list offer a wide variety of selections.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

This place is one of my favorite spots but make sure to make a reservation! Fills up quickly any day of the week! Highly recommend!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed September 20, 2018 via mobile

I had a great experience from the moment I walked into the door until the second I left. I was greeted with the buzz of a busy restaurant and two friendly and hospitable Hostess.

My waiter was friendly, knowledgeable and offered suggestions. He did not provide his name or either I don’t remember. I ordered the Whitefish Picatta which was just as the waiter described. Simple yet delicious. The homemade gelato, Burnt Carmel, was light and a perfect ending to a redeeming dining experience.

**I had a very bad experience at Ruscello a nearby restaurant and decided on Antico Posto which was my second choice for dinner. You can read the review on Trip Advisor.**

Reviewed September 9, 2018

A warranty errand to toney Oak Brook led to suppertime. Perusing the perimeter choices in the "Commons", I found my way to the well reviewed Antico. Those that read me know I've had GREAT Italian far and wide - apparently the locals here are fooled easily by circuses and dim lighting.

Benchmark orders of caprese salad and fried calamari were sent to the open kitchen. I shoulda seen it coming when the bread basket was presented with a dish of oil decorated with olives and giardiniera, yet was obviously not fresh. My refill was heat-lamp'd to life, gaining little. Now, we wait.....and wait.....

Salad arrives first; they're "working" on the calamari.....two shriveled leaves of basil underlie generous globes of fresh mozz, precious drips of balsamic swim in a sea of oil. Four halved cherry tomatoes adorn the $8 dish - this in the height of summer tomato season! Uh, boy.....now the calamari is delivered with a flourish: rings atop wilted lettuce with a white and red sauce. $11, to be sure! Frozen from a bag - why CERTAINLY!!

All came to focus once I received my bill - an saw a reference to the famed (or dreaded) chain Lettuce Entertain You. See, the service was finely trained - bustling if not almost intense players whisking around the closely spaced tables - the big lie here is the food quality. It's just not there - all a show, especially for the area, whose patrons should know better!

A tribute to brilliant marketing of one-off's by a greedy corporate chain - AVOID!

Reviewed September 3, 2018

We met another couple for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their entree.
2 had eggplant parmesan, one lemon chicken and one a shrimp-pasta dish. We split the chopped salad among us.
The bread was delicious. We had coffee but were too full for desert.
Service was good, parking garage nearby.
The restaurant is tucked into a corner of the mall.