“Steady and reliable performer”

J Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 92 Restaurants in Oak Brook
Price range: US$0 - US$18
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: (just East of) IL 83
Description: J. Alexander’s is a contemporary American restaurant, known for its wood-fired cuisine. Our core philosophy is to provide you with the highest possible quality dining experience. The menu features a wide selection of American classics including prime rib of beef, steaks, fresh seafood, sandwiches and entrée salads. The menu in each restaurant includes a varied and rotating selection of features like Seafood Czarina, Tuscan Steak, Grilled Fish with Mango Papaya Salsa and Chicken Milanese. The restaurant has a full-service bar that includes an outstanding selection of wines both by the glass and bottle.
Reviewed October 30, 2018 via mobile

Ok, so here is the bottom line. Remains a steady and reliable performer. Broad menu of starters, salads, entrees and desserts. Both the salmon and the steak Maui were very good. The rattlesnake pasta was a fun offering. Key lime pie and carrot cake both excellent. Service was adequate. Wine list is adequate but uninspired. Prices are reasonable for the good meal that you receive. Reservations are recommenced.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

This chain is a go to when in area working. Visited 20 plus J’s with mostly a great experience. This location service failed big time. New bartender didn’t know what beers they offer and didn’t offer a list. I ordered French Dip good as always, wife ordered Medium Pink burger came out well. Bartender said if cooked pink it falls apart... I grind my own beef for burger, wrong, Idiot comment. Other than aforementioned, 4pm shift change at bar(where sitting) we get all conversations about their events of last night. Totally inappropriate. Mgr. At this location must be totally disengaged. Rethinking future visits!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Called for reservations day of, was able to get an early reservation. Only second time eating here and loved it again. Great service!!!. I had the Alex's salad with chicken my husband has the prime rib. My salad was great but I need to rave about the prime rib, it was delicious. Best tasting prim rib I've had in a long time. Save room for dessert the carrot cake is served hot and is huge. Take time to visit if you are at Oak Brook Center shopping.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 19, 2018

I haven't been to this delightful restaurant in over 3 years and took the opportunity to dine while in the neighborhood. The restaurant is just as delightful as I remembered. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The restrooms are elegant and clean. The dining room is clean and fresh and warmly inviting.
I had an Old Fashioned cocktail and it was perfect! The granulated sugar in the bottom was a wonderful addition to this fruity drink.
The grilled chicken salad was delicious. They no longer have the croissants with sweet butter and that made me sad. But our wonderful server, Stephanie, brought us warm crusty bread.
J. Alexanders...never change! You've got the recipe right!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 13, 2018 via mobile

First of all, the chicken dinner and Hamburger we very good. Service was the problem. I ordered a gin martini and it did not come with an olive, like 99% of the better restaurants in the USA. The place was too noisy. Could not hear the waitress speak. She could not hear my request for olives for my cocktail. Other cocktails and Wine was good. There was a power outage for about 15 minutes at the end of our meal. It took 30 mins to get the bill and only got a copy of the NCR Charge form. Deserts were good. We like to converse while eating, but this restaurant is very crowded, busy and noisy. Old folks like to talk in a peaceful and orderly environment and this is not that type of venue. Staff need to be better trained and listen to the customers who pay the bill. Too many people running around like space cadets!

Date of visit: August 2018