“"Bar Harbor" concept is making an impact”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #61 of 132 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed April 11, 2017

When Red Lobster was founded in 1968 in Lakeland, Florida, the restaurant chain's motto was "harbor for seafood lovers." In 2009, a new concept, "Bar Harbor," was introduced, a new restaurant prototype modeled after coastal New England with new exterior features including shingle and stone towers, signal flags and Adirondack-style benches and an interior of dark wood paneling and warm-toned fabric and soft lighting and nautical decor and artwork. My wife and I have noticed the newly renovated restaurants popping up as we travel from north to south and east to west. At the Red Lobster location at 9500 Southwest Highway in Oak Lawn, a very busy intersection, management has done a very good job of putting everything together. The new additions to the menu are very popular. We are more fish/less meat people and nobody does fish better than Red Lobster. For starters, we sampled the Seaside Sampler, seafood-stuffed mushrooms, jumbo coconut shrimp and the signature shrimp cocktail. For an entree, my wife opted for fish and chips, a personal favorite, while I enjoyed the Admiral's Feast, a mixture of Walt's favorite shrimp, wild caught flounder, clam strips and bay scallops. The wood-grilled lobster, salmon and shrimp also is a winner. So is Walt's favorite shrimp, batter fried and hand breaded and fried golden crisp. Dessert? It's hard to pass up key lime pie.

Reviewed July 9, 2016

Yesterday a friend and I decided to stop at Red Lobster for lunch. Our server was Eugene, he was wonderful and ever so helpful. He recommended the King Crab dinner it didn't disappoint. Crabmeat starts Monday and I am sure it want disappoint.

1  Thank Edie757
Reviewed April 25, 2016

Sit in the bar and ask for Eugene, he's the best. We have been going here for lunch for years. He provides service with a smile and knows how to schedule your courses with the kitchen for an enjoyable meal. We're disappointed when he's not working.

1  Thank messro
Reviewed October 30, 2015

very busy, service good but it does get EXTREMELY busy, so you might have to wait.
Once seated ok Could be a little cleaner. The floors, etc.

Reviewed September 10, 2015

We visit this Red Lobster location on and off, but it's been a while, so I'll stick to my most recent experience.

My husband and I went for a quick dinner. We were seated promptly as we arrived before the dinner rush. Our server was social and pointed out to us that they had their unlimited shrimp promotion, which changed what we ordered, since we both love shrimp.

Our biscuits, salads, and main meals were all served promptly, and we were given plenty of refills at a quick pace, too. At the end, we were stuffed and quite happy with both the food and service we received.

1  Thank GrayKitten

Been to Red Lobster? Share your experiences!