“Had a taste for sushi”

Sushi Thaime
Ranked #46 of 132 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

One of those nights it snowed I just couldn't get over a craving for sushi. So we tried going to Mariano's on 95th. To our dispair the sushi bar was closed at 6 on a Saturday. Lame! So I googled the nearest sushi spot and found this quaint, cozy little place. It is easy to pass by, but it's a diamond in the rough. The sushi was delicious, the presentation was amazing. They even have a group room where the table is sunken and you sit on mats. Will be coming back with a bigger group. Very moderate prices. You get way more here than you would at Marianos. $24 for the boat with warm sake.

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

I had 2 sushi rolls, my S.O. had the general tso's, and my son had the orange chicken. All three were delicious, and the prices were very reasonable. Staff was very friendly as well. We'd def come back here. :)

Reviewed January 17, 2016

Quaint, quiet and affordable, this restaurant is a true gem on the south side of Chicago. Located near the Oak Lawn Hilton and about 15-20 minute ride from Midway Airport, you'll find the best sushi carved right in front of you at the bar and eloquently presented at your table. Their Chinese cuisine is also delicious, and we highly recommend the Pan Fried Noodles. With drinks like the classic Mai Tai to enjoy, Sushi Thaime has it all. Note that it is small, so you should call if you have a larger party - They have a private room to reserve that is lovely.

Reviewed November 16, 2015 via mobile

I stopped by sushi thaime after raving reviews and I must say I was devastatingly disappointed. Zero flavor and sushi did not appear fresh. Sorry to say the fortune cookie was the best thing I ate there.

Reviewed November 13, 2015

My wife and I have been going here for years and have always loved this place BUT to our disappointment we were recently infuriated at the customer service over a simple pick up order and the manager was actually the one directly involved. Two mistakes were done by the manager in having the incorrect pick up time (off 30 min) and then it ended up being the wrong order which we found out when I got home. Now we understand things happen but the unbelievable part was when my wife called asking for it to be corrected and since this was their mistake, if they could deliver it to the house which was just 3 min away. Not only did this Manager refuse, but boldly called me a LIAR to my wife over the phone claiming I gave her a different order. I get that there can be a language barrier, but her insistent attitude that we were wrong was over the top. Hungry and determined to straighten this out, my wife went down there and again the manager refused to take the friendly customer service route insisting the old food be brought in making her get it out of the car and with no apologies made us a new order.

This was all over a small $15 order and I tried to call and speak with the manager after all this wanting to give them and this manager another chance but she refused to talk to me and never called me back. I read the reviews of this place and recently not only is the customer service a disappointment but the food doesn't taste as good as it used to. I do hope they can turn this around...and if I was the owner I would start by letting this ignorant manager go!

Been to Sushi Thaime? Share your experiences!