“It's timeless!”

Petey's Bungalow Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #26 of 127 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of the finest steakhouse and seafood restaurants in the Oak Lawn area. Stop in with family or friends to enjoy a nice dinner. Main entrees include steaks and chops, ribs, chicken, seafood, fish, and authentic Grecian style dishes. Prefer something on the lighter side? Petey's Bungalow Restaurant and Lounge offers a variety of appetizers for sharing, soups, salads, Petey Burgers and sandwiches. Stop by our full bar to watch a sports game and enjoy a few appetizers with friends and family. Family owned and operated. Visit our website for more info.
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Been going to Petey's for over 35 years. Its a local favorite. It's timeless like restaurants were. Never disappoints. Steaks and chops are great and the Dover fish is to die for. A restaurant with great food and friendly service at a good price. Always have an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

Food blows you away!!! You need to go hungry because you will eat a lot .
Pork chops are gigantic chicken is out of this world.

Place is small so make a reservation. It is worth it to check this place out.

Petey's always around and stays on top of everything. Good job my friend!!! ❤️

Reviewed 31 March 2017

I grew up down the street from here and it was always a treat to go. I love that you still get the relish tray before your meal. Service can vary, but I will always like Petey's.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

First off, the place smelled like old and stale cigars and was extremely dated. The server brought out some kind of garnish that looked like it had been sitting around since the morning. When we asked her to remove it, she told us that it was part of the service, therefore we had to pay for it, even though we never even touched it! Next came ordering from the menu that consisted of high end prices with low end quality. I ordered a cheeseburger since there was nothing on the menu that looked appetizing. The burger came and I literally almost threw up. It looked like dog meat and tasted worse. It was pure ground beef with some kind of disgusting seasoning.
The service was awful, we had to keep asking for things that should have been the normal part of the service, like ketchup, water....At the end I returned the burger and again, they refused to take it off the bill even though it was evident I had not eaten any of it. Will never go back there again.

2  Thank martharT3006UU
Reviewed 17 October 2016

This place was recommended by the motel we were staying at. It was GREAT. The staff are wonderful and the food outstanding. My husband and I went on our own the first night and with friends the 2nd night. They were just as amazed as we were. We had the pork chops the first night and had so much left over it did us for lunch the next TWO days. Everything we all had was just great and we thoroughly enjoyed our dinners there. Can't recommend it highly enough but remember to bring a big appetite. The rice pudding that is included in the meal price is really good also.

1  Thank Aussiepam