“Supper Club Solid Food”

Petey's Bungalow Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #26 of 132 Restaurants in Oak Lawn
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Dining options: Reservations
Description: One of the finest steakhouse and seafood restaurants in the Oak Lawn area. Stop in with family or friends to enjoy a nice dinner. Main entrees include steaks and chops, ribs, chicken, seafood, fish, and authentic Grecian style dishes. Prefer something on the lighter side? Petey's Bungalow Restaurant and Lounge offers a variety of appetizers for sharing, soups, salads, Petey Burgers and sandwiches. Stop by our full bar to watch a sports game and enjoy a few appetizers with friends and family. Family owned and operated. Visit our website for more info.
Reviewed May 28, 2017

Had dinner here with son and DIL. You get an awful lot of food for a very fair price. Pretty much everything was very good, not excellent but a great bang for your buck. Dinners start with a relish tray, followed by dishes of cottage cheese, macaroni salad, cole slaw and beets. After that you get a cup of soup and a very good crisp salad. Oh, I forgot to mention the garlic bread. All were very good although I would not recommend the NE clam chowder as it was pretty watery and lacking in clams.

Son had the bone in NY strip steak, cooked perfectly medium rare. I'd guess this was an 18-20 ounce cut for $29. DIL had lamb chops cooked medium. You get two, roughly 8 ounce chops, for $25. I had the dover sole, which was on special for $25 (regularly $42). You also get a choice of potato.

As if that wasn't enough food, throw in ice cream or sundae or rice pudding and coffee. We also had a bottle of wine and the total tab before tip was $115 for the three of us. Like I said, great bang for your buck.

Service was also very good as water glasses and coffee refills were prompt and frequent. Definitely a place to try but do go hungry.

Reviewed May 7, 2017

Been going to Petey's for over 35 years. Its a local favorite. It's timeless like restaurants were. Never disappoints. Steaks and chops are great and the Dover fish is to die for. A restaurant with great food and friendly service at a good price. Always have an enjoyable visit.

Reviewed April 24, 2017 via mobile

Food blows you away!!! You need to go hungry because you will eat a lot .
Pork chops are gigantic chicken is out of this world.

Place is small so make a reservation. It is worth it to check this place out.

Petey's always around and stays on top of everything. Good job my friend!!! ❤️

Reviewed March 31, 2017

I grew up down the street from here and it was always a treat to go. I love that you still get the relish tray before your meal. Service can vary, but I will always like Petey's.

Reviewed February 13, 2017

First off, the place smelled like old and stale cigars and was extremely dated. The server brought out some kind of garnish that looked like it had been sitting around since the morning. When we asked her to remove it, she told us that it was part of the service, therefore we had to pay for it, even though we never even touched it! Next came ordering from the menu that consisted of high end prices with low end quality. I ordered a cheeseburger since there was nothing on the menu that looked appetizing. The burger came and I literally almost threw up. It looked like dog meat and tasted worse. It was pure ground beef with some kind of disgusting seasoning.
The service was awful, we had to keep asking for things that should have been the normal part of the service, like ketchup, water....At the end I returned the burger and again, they refused to take it off the bill even though it was evident I had not eaten any of it. Will never go back there again.

4  Thank martharT3006UU