“Good Asian Food at Oak Park”
Review of Saigon Pho & Cafe

Saigon Pho & Cafe
Ranked #53 of 146 Restaurants in Oak Park
Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

First time to try it here and we were not disappointed! My husband and I were looking at our neighborhood for a good place for dinner last Labor Day and I told him that this place looks ok. I was happy that we went here instead of another place I wanted to try. The server found a way to step up with the customer service by giving my hubby extra soup--we had to wait long as there were few staffs.

The spring rolls and rice vermicelli meal were tasty! I also tasted my husband's grilled pork chop and it tasted almost like the way we would grill our pork belly Filipino-style. Serving size is average (good for 1) and prices are ok as well.

We'll go back again!

Reviewed June 30, 2017

I began going to Saigon Pho when they first opened in neighboring Forest Park. Since they moved to Lake Street in Oak Park, prices have gone up to pay for the nicer decor, but the food has slipped. Three years ago, a small pho was priced at about $7 (somewhere between $6.95 and $7.25 -- not sure). It is now $9.75 -- a huge percentage increase. At the same time, the quantity of meat in a bowl has gone down. When I order a banh mi (sandwich), I typically ask for 'extra vegetables.' This last time, I opened the sandwich to find very sparse carrot and daikon strips (you could easily count them), but plenty of extra -- cilantro ! And so, I'm afraid that this place that I loved and introduced to many friends has now slipped to an 'Average' eating experience.

1  Thank chip162
Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

We had really wonky / absent-minded service, but the food more than made up for it!

Papaya Salad with beef, Crispy Noodles with beef, and Sprung Rolls all were so nicely prepared, superbly fresh, and immensely satisfying. Such great flavors!

And the grand finale, of course, was the PERFECT iced coffee! Dessert coffee is my favorite coffee!

Reviewed March 27, 2017

This new location has maintained the same quality and freshness from the previous location in Forest Park. The Pho is spicy, fresh and authentic. Despite how busy they were on a Friday night, they were very attentive.

Great Place!!!

Reviewed February 13, 2017

Good service, good and easy authentic choices on the menu, prompt service. Good selection of bubble teas as well.