“Now that's Thai food”
Review of New Pot Restaurant

New Pot Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 142 Restaurants in Oak Park
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Sorry no food pictures. I was starving when I wolfed down all my delicious food!

I ordered the Chicken Basil with ground chicken and red and green peppers with basil and jalapeno! Served with white rice.
Just enough jalapeno to be spicy but not hot and plenty of basil for that fresh flavour. And I had the Thai tea.

This was a real treat and next time I'm in Chicago, I will swing by here. Its also in a lovely historical district by the Frank Lloyd Wright house.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

Despite that I was in the mood for Vietnamese Saigon Pho across the street i ended up going here the day after Labor day 2017. I will have to say it is a good place to eat for Thai since unfortunately Thai cuisine is really my favorite Cuisine. I ordered a Thai Ice Tea, A Tom Kha soup and the Chicken green curry and I have to say as usual very delicious. I would recommend going here if "Saigon Pho" is closed too if you still have a 2nd choice to try another Asian dish!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

We've ordered from New Pot (as well as eaten in) several times, and the food is always consistently really good! They're also great at making sure specific instructions are followed. (Like no baby corn in the mixed veggies.)

Great flavors. Good service. Good value. Would recommend if you like Thai food!

Reviewed 16 November 2016 via mobile

Haven't been there in many years (~10?) before this visit. Very extensive menu. Multi Asian cuisines. The curry puffs were surprisingly good. My main dish (which was recommended by the waiter) had very fresh vegetables but too few of them. The beef tasted like it had been reheated, had an "off" taste. Most of the others with me seemed to enjoy theirs and I know several people who used to rave about this place. BYOB with no corkage fee is nice. It is very close so I might try getting something without beef next time.

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

I highly recommend this place, looks dinky from outside but nicer inside and great food! The service was excellent. Got my food fast and reasonably priced.