“Quality has drastically gone down”

En Fuego Mexican Grille
Price range: US$8 - US$25
Description: We are a family owned business that strives to provide our guests with nothing but the freshest ingredients and homemade dishes, which are greatly paired with our hand crafted made from scratch cocktails, our Los Caballos Cantina (bar area) is just breath taking with the lighting and feeling of comfort. The owners brand of tequila is the official Tequila of the Illinois bicentennial, El Nacimiento is so smooth you will not believe it for the price, like it so much you purchase a bottle to take home with you. Not to mention our complimentary house made chips and salsa are different then you have tasted before, everything at EnFuego is made fresh and with the finest ingredients, so please come and give us a try it would be our pleasure to serve you!!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

En Fuego was our go to restaurant, however as of recent the restaurant has really gone down hill. The service and food were always great. However, some thing seemed to change with the management and the quality of the food the past several times we have gone. The last time we were there was for Father's Day. The restaurant was not busy at all, and I had to keep getting up to call our waitress over to have water poured because she kept ignoring our table( the waitress also had a severe attitude and needs training). We also had to wait over an hour and a half for our food to show-up, and the orders were completely wrong. Not to mention, some of the food was also spoiled. I became sick of it and I personally called the manager over who was mingling with the front desk girls (in her sweatpants and tank top) and told her what was going on. All she did was argue with us about how she thought the food was great and she saw nothing wrong with it. She eventually took the plate back and gave it to us with a bit of an attitude and said she would give us dessert if we stayed calm. We said no to the dessert because we just felt beyond uncomfortable. I kept saying this is the last time we were coming back to her and she almost chased us out of the restaurant insisting we take a coupon for a free appetizer (under certain conditions). As for the food, it seemed like it was tossed together in 5 minutes and everything was over-salted. The coconut shavings were definitely rancid and everything was overcooked as well. It was such a waste of time and money, we will never be back again. I warned you do not waste your time or money here, they are extremely aggressive with their costumers.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

We had a large group and were seated in a separate room - which was great! The chips were bland, no salt and the green salsa had too much lime. We all ordered something different and not one person thought the food was great - just average. The margarita was served in a short glass with a lot of ice. The mojito was watered down. The prices were decent though.

Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

The place is part of La Hacienda de las Fernandez which means the food and drinks are good. The place is very nice and service was good.

They have a great bar so this is a wonderful place to meet for margaritas. I would definitely suggest checking it out.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

I decided to stop in on my way home on Friday. En Fuego Mexican Grille has the best service of any restaurant that I have ever been to. The problem is their food was not that good at all. I wasn't sure how the combination of food on the plate went together.

Reviewed February 20, 2018

Atmosphere and food is excellent. However, while the margaritas were great, they put way too much ice in the glass and I bet we didn't have more than 6 sips per glass. So, the drinks were a rip off. They need to fix that. Many people I've talked to said the same thing.