“Great lunch”
Review of Dao Sushi and Thai - CLOSED

Dao Sushi and Thai
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Description: Our Sushi Restaurant uses only the freshest and finest ingredients around. We have a large selection of fresh seafood and have many signature sushi rolls with unique flavors. Our sushi is carefully prepared fresh every morning. We also offer traditional Japanese entrees and Thai cuisine. We have a great selection of curry dishes on our Asian fusion menu. Check out our online menu and weekly specials today and come visit our sushi bar!
Reviewed February 19, 2018

Don't let the strip mall location sway you from giving this place a shot. We enjoyed a great lunch dining on their offered specials... choice of sushi rolls w/salad and soup, pad thai w/shrimp.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

Stopped by here for lunch spontaneously. The food as good but it wasn’t mind blowing. I’ve had some amazing Thai food and this just was OK. The service was good though. Very attentive and nice.

Reviewed November 15, 2017 via mobile

This was a spontaneous stop. I went on a Wednesday. I specifically state the day of the week as they offer half priced rolls, so I decide to ultimately get that plus a house wine for $5.

That was the good part.

Service:
I sat at the bar and it took a good 10 minutes for staff ( about 6 total people) for even 1 to acknowledge that I was there ( she asked if I had been helped) The others were standing by and one bartender didn’t even turn my way as he stocked the fridge. When the bartenders were finally settled to serve, they spent more time talking to the a couple of the regulars.

Food: I just ordered one item.... the volcano which was supposed to me spicy. Not so much. There were 12 pieces in my order, which was not bad for half price. Taste: ok

I only gave this a 2 for the price point on this particular day.

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

I read a few reviews, some good, some not so good. I visited on a WED night & the place was busy, but I was seated immediately. Sara was my server, was very friendly, & quick w/ both my drink order & miso soup order. It was 1/2 price for the specialty rolls so I went w/ a Mango Tango Roll & a Rainbow Roll. Both rolls were served quick as well. Both were 8/pcs & good.
The sushi was good, not the best that I've had, but good. Service was great. I would definitely come again if I was in the area & wanted some decent sushi.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

If you're looking for some different options to the standard restaurant fare, DAO makes for an interesting alternative. We sat on the patio, but the ambience inside is much better and in hindsight, we should have opted for an inside table due to the cigarette smoke drifting from the entrance to the adjacent wine bar.
The star of our meal was the coconut shrimp and the gelato dipped in white chocolate, which we selected for dessert. These two items saved the night on their own and raised our rating to a 4.
We would definitely return if only for those two menu items.