All reviews stores and restaurants staff was very friendly pool area is rooms are spacious short stay front desk staff business trip nice property one night stay convenient location next morning business center oak brook bistro lobby chicago shopping
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This hotel is rundown, has very poor service, doesn’t even have a microwave in the room, you have to use the one in the lobby and it is very expensive. What is there to like about this hotel; in a word, nothing! I was stuck here a week and it was the worst stay of my life and I travel most of the year. Be kind to yourself and steer clear of this property. As a side note. I find the Courtyard properties in general have gone down in quality and up in price. Maybe they are getting a little too full of themselves.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Daniel C
Josh D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2018

Daniel C

We sorry to hear that you had a poor experience and poor service while you were at our hotel. We strive to deliver the best possible experience to each and every guest that stay with us.

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Clean rooms, courteous staff. Nearby to the office locations so was convenient for me to commute. Stayed here for a week on business. Breakfast was included in the room tariff as i booked it through my company travel desk.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2018

We have stayed here as it is inexpensive, nice and close to where we need to stay. We stay on weekends when the hotel is not very full, usually.

Imagine our astonishment when we checked in to see we had to pay ten dollars to park our vehicle overnight!

We will certainly consider this when we book in the future

I guess it is the new Marriott policy to mimic Sun Country or Spirit airlines.

Or like when we discovered that "Vacations by Marriott" were not. Those vacations are actually by expedia. With a "Vacations by Marriott" er Expedia Marriott properties treat you as second class citizens. See my review of the Naples Ritz-Carlton.

All of this has us rethinking our loyalty to Marriott.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank GustavSpeed
Josh D, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Oakbrook Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

GustavSpeed

Thank you for your comments. We have made sure that our website continues to show that there is a charge for daily parking at the hotel. At our hotel, we value all of our guests, regardless of what they use for a booking method.

We hope that you give us another chance the next time you are in the Chicago area.

Regards,

Josh

Reviewed April 30, 2018

The front desk people were super friendly. The lobby was recently redone and had a great coffee bar area with a Starbucks. The room was clean with a great bed. The two separate living areas were great as one person could stay up while the other person slept. Very convenient location.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kyleherrema
Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

I am so grateful for the wonderful help I received this week while on crutches during my stay! Dawn took my bags to my room when I checked in and then again to my car when I checked out. She even brought me prepared ice bags for my injured knee. Thank you so much! This is a wonderful property too...clean & well managed!

Date of stay: April 2018