1,137 results
All reviews large bathroom drury lane oak brook living room great hotel breakfast buffet western suburbs front desk staff home away from home fitness center would stay here again right next door excellent stay easy access business trip hot tub enjoyed my stay
Reviewed October 15, 2018 via mobile

This property is outdated. It's reminiscent of the styles found in the 90's.

It's 1:30am and I'm unable to sleep due to the fact that Hilton doesn't allow it's guests to control the thermostats in it's rooms. If you're a business traveler like me, the only thing you want from your hotel is a good night's sleep. You won't find that at this property. The Inncom thermostats used in their rooms trick travelers into thinking it's cooler than it actually is. My thermostat reads 62 but the room is more like 80 degrees.

This is due to the fact that Hilton Properties use thermostats that are controlled by a central computer. The thermostat in your room is nothing more than a wall decoration. It serves no purpose other than to purposely keep these rooms as hot as possible.

Hilton doesn't believe it's travelers are capable of operating a thermostat so they use a computer to control the thermostat for you. The result? Another sleepless night in 80 degrees temperatures. I don't care what other amenities Hilton properties offer. The only thing I want is a cool night's sleep. You won't find it at this Hilton. For $300 a night, you'd think that air conditioning would be included....but it's not. I will not be staying at anymore Hilton properties until these Inncom thermostats are removed. I've wasted thousands of dollars staying at Hilton properties and I never get a wink of sleep. I sleep much better at the 39.95 motels. They may not have all the fancy amenities but at least they trust you to operate an air conditioner without their intervention. I will not stay here again. I shouldn't be awake at 1:30am writing reviews on this site. I'd rather be sleeping but Hilton doesn't believe Im capable of tuning the temperature to my liking. But hey...at least they have a pool (that I'll never use).

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Donald H, Director of Sales at Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear leifcat:

Thank you for staying with us recently at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Suites and for taking the time to provide a review of the hotel. We appreciate your business as we know that you have many options for lodging in the Oak Brook area.

On behalf of our entire team, please accept my apology for the climate control issues in your guest suite. Unacceptable. As one who also has great difficulty with sleeping when it is too warm, I completely understand your frustration.

All of us hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve as host to you in the future. If you get a chance, would you contact me directly at #630-516-3810 so that I can personally apologize and handle your reservation? I look forward to hearing from you and wish you a pleasant day.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

I stayed here for four nights on a business trip. The suite was large and equipped with updated furnishings. The breakfast buffet offered a good assortment of items, with the ability to get made-to-order items as well (e.g. omelets). The hotel is clean and the customer service was excellent. The only negative was that if there are a lot of people in the dining area or if there is an event taking place in the dining area, you will hear it in your room.

Room Tip: The suites offer a reprieve from any internal hotel noise since you can close multiple doors to the bedroom area.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Donald H, Director of Sales at Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2018

Dear EliL128:

Thank you for staying with us recently at Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook Suites and for providing a review of the hotel. We appreciate your business as we know that you have many options for lodging in the Oak Brook area.

Other than some noise that disturbed you during your stay, it sounds as though everything else was perfect. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your spacious, 500 square foot suite, our restaurant and the service from our associates! On behalf of our entire team, please accept my apology for the noise disturbance. On your next visit, we will find a suite up higher and in a corner to make you more comfortable!

All of us look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you back to the Oak Brook area. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at #630-516-3810..

Reviewed October 4, 2018

The Hilton suites Oakbrook was an outstanding facility, offering me the comforts of home and a plush suite room, Great gymnasium and restaurant with waitstaff that actually served the meal like you were in a restaurant. The front desk staff was attentive & accommodated all of my needs.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Donald H, Director of Sales at Hilton Chicago Oak Brook Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2018

Dear Joseph W:

What a perfect review! Not sure that it could be written any better. We appreciate you noticing our terrific front office and restaurant team as they do a great job taking care of our guests each and every day!

All of us hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you back to the Oak Brook area. If I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at #630-516-3810.

Reviewed October 4, 2018

We didn't need to stay downtown, so this was a real 'find' for us and it worked out perfectly. Extremely reasonable weekend rate a tad bit over $100. At first I was hesitant to believe this was going to be a real Hilton. Not to worry, it was as real as they get and it was wonderfully comfortable.

The suite was spacious with a separate bedroom. Large bathroom, with separate tub and shower, had access doors both from the bedroom and the sitting area. There was a huge work desk with an extra pull-out to provide even more work space. Microwave, coffee, fridge, sink and a safe for valuables.

Options for a $20 breakfast buffet or separate order continental, served in the beautiful atrium lobby.

The front desk personnel with whom we interacted with were all very nice and answered our questions well. Everyone was super courteous and the housekeeping was spotless.

Nothing more to ask for, except maybe a view; but perhaps that was on the other side of the hotel. We were room 611.

If this location in the Chicago area works for you, then this is the place to stay for sure.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear iliketowrite:

Wow! What a great review. Very glad that all seemed to worked out well during your recent stay. We appreciate your kind words about our front office and housekeeping teams as they do a great job each and every day!

Reviewed October 4, 2018

Pleasantly surprised by the comfort of the suites. the mattress is comfortable. The bathroom is spacious and clean. the other are of the suite was setup properly for doing work and relaxing while watching television

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Dreamer184040:

Our spacious, 500 square foot two-room suites are perfect for work and great for relaxation. Very glad that you were comfortable during your stay.