“Wow”

Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Exceptional staff!

We haven't used a Holiday Inn for years. But in a pinch I ran into the Oakbrook property and asked for help with getting something done. Asim and Nichole demonstrated out of the box thinking and went above and beyond to help me solve my problem.
It was great to find bright, empowered, genuinely service oriented people, as opposed to policy spouting slugs. The next time we book in Oakbrook I'll go out of my way to give these folks a shot at the business.

Great job finding and empowering great people to go above and beyond....

Thank you again guys you saved my bacon I will not forget...

Charles O. Pratt IV

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2012

Dear Mr. Charles O. Pratt IV
Thank you for the review. As a manager and a team member of the Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook,I can assure you that there is nothing more rewarding than hearing our guest have a pleasant experience. It makes all of us proud of the work we do. Asim and Nichole are very happy that they were able to be of help and cannot wait to have you stay with us again. I thank you for the opportunity for us to be of service and I will hope to meet you at your next visit. Asim and Nichole send their best and thank you for taking the time to reward them with kind words.
Hope to see you soon

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook

Reviewed 11 April 2012

Hotel was afordable and a good place to stay. The hotel staff was exceptional in making my stay better than normal. The hotel has a very comfortable restaurant with a DJ on most nights. Comfortable rooms that were clean and well attended to.

Easy access to all types of venues as well.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Dear Mr. Ralf G.
Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback regarding your last visit to the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook. It was a pure pleasure to be of service and I hope that we could be a home away from home for you and your family any time you are in our area. We are extremely pleased that we were able to provide the level of service that all our valued guests deserve. Thank you again for your visit and we hope to see you soon

Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel is pretty average with the perk of a very comfortable bed and pillows.
I do think once the entire renovation is complete that this hotel will jump to above average.

Pros: Near a mall, Costco, and some pretty good eats
Very comfortable bed and pillows
Flat screen TV (at least in room 448)

Cons:
Filthy carpet
New front desk lady did not have "people skills" The gentleman training her (Mike I think) was better and did provide a better check-in experience.
Jacuzzi was broken
Dirty pillow cases (2 out of 4 for the pillows on my bed)

Travel note: If traveling along I-88 eastbound there is NOT an exit onto IL 83 which is a quick access to the hotel. Bring along multiples of $1.50 to cover the I-88 tax/toll

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank ScienceGuy13
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2012

Dear Guest.
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your last visit to the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook. As you mentioned, we are always in the process of enhancing the experience of all our guests through improving the service and product status. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service in the near future for us to be able to have you experience the full impact of our work. I look forward to seeing again in our hotel and if there any aspects of your next reservations that I could personally assist you with, please feel welcome to contact me directly.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

friendly staff. clean rooms. good food and great location. These guys go out of their way to make sure that everyone is having a great stay. I had left my bag in a taxi from the airport. The manager tracked down the cab company and the cab driver and got my item back for me by the time I was done with dinner. I thought that I would never see my bag again. I was pleasantly surpised to see it at the front desk after dinner. Had a great meal and one of the best experiences in a hotel. I travel alot and stay at a different city every week. I will stay at this location every time I come back into town. The service was great.
Thanks guys.

Room Tip: If you have any issues let these people take care of it. I garantee that they will do their best.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Dear Mr. M
We like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are extremely happy that you had a great experience with us and that we were able to recover your item. Our team is always dedicated to provide an outstanding service to all of our valued guests. We look forward to serve you in the future and to see you at our hotel. Please let us know if we can be of assistant at any time.

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The service was fine for an overnight business trip. The food was good in the restaurant. The room was clean, but would be a little for a family with children.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 1brent

Dear Guest
We at the Holiday Inn Oakbrook try to satisfy the needs of a wide range of guests and your input is helpful in seeing places where we can improve. I am glad to see a positive review and that your basic needs were met, we look forward in providing you with that WOW factor in with your next visit to bring it home for you.
Thank you again for dedicating the time and providing us with your feedback.

Reviewed 4 February 2012

This is a services lacking hotel. The business center is pay as you go(39 cents a minute) Old televisions with no channel selections. The staff is ok, but lack attitude that you would expect. No coffe a available unless you use the rooms machines or go to the bar in the hotel. The gift shop was not open. Rooms were done in a hurry and with very little care. Just felt like I was blessed to be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank timothy h
sonny k, General Manager at Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2012

Hello Mr. Timothy H.
I like to take the opportunity to thank you for dedicating the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook. It gives us the guest point of view regarding opportunities for us to improve any areas of service and/or products. As any other service provider we strive to provide the best experience to all of our valued guests. Reality is that as any other service provider rarely we may fall short of that goal. So we see it as a valuable learning and improving tool to get our guest’s feedback. Our team has raised their areas of focus on service to ensure that no other guest has a less than a pleasant experience. I would like you to give us an opportunity to be of service next time you are in our area, so that we can demonstrate how your feedback helps us improve. As the new General Manager of the Holiday Inn Chicago Oak Brook, I certainly hope that we have that opportunity to be of service to you and all of guests as one of the best service providers in our area. I look forward to your next experience with us.
Thank you again for your point of view and your care.

Sonny K

Reviewed 21 January 2012

This was my first stay at this location. Area of town was nice, many places to shop and eat nearby. I think they spent more time on the lobby then they did on the rooms tho. Beds are extremely comfy.....the bathroom was small but everything worked well. Of course there are NEVER enough eletrical outlets! On site free parking (not a parking garage).

Had no issues really other than the ridiculously SLOW elevators and even slower wait staff at Bar Louies (located inside in the hotel).

I would return as it is a decent place. If you are splurging for something special I would go elsewhere tho.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that your experience was pleasant. We are currently working on finding ways to see if the mechanics of the elevator would allow us to increase the speed of their operations. Also the speed of the service providers at Bar Louie is also being focused and improved. Again, thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service and we look forward to your next visit.

Sonny K

Comfort Suites Oakbrook Terrace
#4 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
2.0 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakbrook Terrace
Hilton Garden Inn Chicago / Oakb...
#2 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace
2.4 km away
Hyatt Place Chicago/Lombard
1.8 km away
Doubletree Hotel Chicago Oak Brook
1.7 km away
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terrace
Courtyard Chicago Oakbrook Terra...
#3 of 8 in Oakbrook Terrace

Been to Holiday Inn Chicago Oakbrook? Share your experiences!