“Nice extras” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Oglesby
Palos Hills, Illinois
“Nice extras”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

Pleasant staff, clean rooms, a comfortable bed and hot, complimentary breakfast. But it's the little extras that make this motel special. A shower head that can easily accomodate someone over 6 foot tall, curved shower rods and bathroom heater lamps. Comfortable pool water and pool room temperatures and a few inflatable pool balls for water fun. Warm cookies that greet you in the evening. All at a reasonable price. .

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Zeeland, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I am a Diamond Rewards member and I was surprised to see that I was billed on my check out statement $1.50 for an in room safe... what's next being billed for a tv; microwave; refrig; internet; or phone?? Why would the management bill me for a in room safe? Why not just include it within the room rate?? Another cheap way of getting more money from their customers without asking if they needed or wanted a in room safe... I thought Best Western Hotels was above this in their business dealings.. guess I was wrong!! The room I was placed in was noisy... Wasn't up to my expectations for being a Diamond Rewards Member..

Capt. Kennedy

Room Tip: Second floor in the lower 200# were noisy ...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

I was so pleasantly surprised by this location. The room was clean, the staff friendly, the breakfast way above average. The location is amazing, not only is near Starved Rock, but this little town of Oglesby has an abundance of nice little place to eat. Everything from The Rootbeer Stand, to Famly Dinning, and a host of everything in between. I would highly recommend this location for any one traveling.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Billsz
Winnipeg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

This BW is at a convenient place while travelling through Illinios. The staff are friendly, evryone is chatty and welcoming. The room was clean, the breakfast had lots of choices and was well maintained, which isn't always true of the "free breakfast" room. I'd stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ilovelowly
orlando,florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

Our trip was full of pleasant surprises and this was one of them! I drove 20 hrs with only a short nap to stay here and spend three days with my friends from Chicago to see Starved Rock. This place is just minutes away from Starved Rock and a ten minute drive to familiar restaurants. My first pleasant surprise was when I checked in early, and they were ready for me, extremely nice, and had all my information at the ready. My second surprise was when I entered the room and took a look around. The room was beautiful, clean, and very inviting. My third surprise was when the phone rang, and it was the front desk confirming that I liked my room and asking if I needed anything. At this point in my travel I could have easily been in a bad mood from road fatigue etc..., but I was anything but due to the professional customer service and welcoming accommodations at Best Western Oglesby Inn. My fourth surprise came after I showered and laid down on the bed. The bed was so comfortable and the bedding/pillows were the best. After a nap my friends arrived and couldn't say enough nice things about the room I had booked for us all. My fifth nice surprise came when I decided I needed to stretch and relax in the hot tub due to being cramped in a car. The pool area is a space enclosed to itself, and mimics an outdoor summer patio. It is very clean, has adjacent very clean bathrooms, and not only is the hot tub hot but the pool is heated as well. This is a hotel bonus that not all places can claim. To me, clean is inviting and hot tub means hot, so this was a bonus for me. My sixth surprise came when I talked one of my friends into getting up and going to breakfast with me downstairs. Most places offer the standards like coffee, juice, cereal, breads, apples, etc..., but their breakfast has all this and more. I was hungry after driving and sleeping, so the selection of actual hot food was a nice surprise. The hot items included sausage, cheese omelets, sausage gravy, at least two other things I am forgetting, and make your own waffles!!! Never underestimate the power of a fresh thick waffle when your on vacation! There was milk, toasters, and cream cheese, jams etc... I really felt like I had a great breakfast, I can not emphasize that the whole area was clean, and there was a t.v. with weather playing (very nice). I actually ate breakfast here all three days and couldn't be happier with it unless..., they made the coffee stronger (just sayin'). They offer Best Western members express check-out, which was nice since I was paying and checking out before my friends for work. Starved Rock is a must see destination and this is a must stay place! I must end with saying that the beds and bedding are very comfortable, the place is very clean, the rooms offer extras, the staff is nice and not intrusive yet helpful, the breakfast is great, and the pool/hot tub are nicely taken care of extras. I hope to see Starved Rock again, and I know where I will be staying! Thanks! This place has made my Christmas Card List! 8)

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gypsy4evr
Skokie IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2011

We stayed at this Best Western based on Tripadvisor reviews, and it was almost perfect. Clean (yes, we check for bedbugs, not just dirt) and quiet. Standard full breakfast - not great for any food-restricted nutrition requirements, but I have that trouble everywhere - nicely prepared and bountifully provided. It's a great moderately-priced place in a fabulous location for Starved Rock. The only problem is that the non-smoking rooms are serviced by smoking housekeeping staff, and there's a lack of understanding that even if they smoke across the hall in a closed room, or smoke outside and then service the rooms, the smoke enters the rooms. Suggestions of air fresheners take away the smell, but not the actual smoke. So if this concerns you because of illness or allergy, it's something you should know. The desk clerk at checkout was extremely empathic with this concern, but I'm not certain that she has any power to change it.
Honestly, this is the only flaw. How much it matters to you would be a deciding factor.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Union City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

I reserved rooms over the phone for two nights so we could visit the State Parks. The clerk who handled the reservation was very polite and helpful. We needed a room for 5 adults. We had two queens and a roll away and we had plenty of room. There are mini refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms. The maid service was great and the front desk was very friendly at check in and check out. The breakfast was very good. There is a Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken in the parking lot. Burger King was next to that and Delany's Restaurant was across the street. We ate at Delany's our first day there and had a buffet. The pool and hot tub looked very inviting but we did not end up using either. They offered free internet in the rooms and also had a computer station you could use. The check out time was noon. This was a very nice hotel to stay at.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank unioncity314
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oglesby
0.3 km away
8.7 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru
9.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Peru

Been to BEST WESTERN Oglesby Inn? Share your experiences!