“Our BEST Anniversary yet!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Marcia's Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 3 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2011

We were given a stay at Marcia's as a Christmas/Anniversary gift, and it was the best gift we have ever received! We stayed in the Grain Bin, and it was absolutely amazing. All the woodwork is hand-made. It is cozy, and spacious all at the same time. We loved the farm setting, and the quaintness of the little things, like the horse trough bathtub. It really has a down home rural atmosphere, and is a great way to spend some quiet time with a loved one. Marcia's breakfasts are absolutely wonderful, and the genuine conversation is something you just don't get from people nowadays. It was a fantastic escape, and we plan on returning again in the future. Not for someone that is a neat freak...you have to remember you are on a farm. Mice, spiders, and dirt are the norm in places like this...and it adds to the charm of it. If you aren't a country person at heart, you aren't ready to appreciate this hidden gem that is Marcia's. Thank you so much for the memories Marcia!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mia1021

Reviewed 13 September 2010

This bed and breakfast not only is located near the interesting history of Starved Rock, but Marcia herself is a true treasure of kindness, and amazing interesting stories of her personal experiences with the Native American tribal history in the region. She treated us like family, made delicious food, helped us find anything and everything we were interested in seeing. Truly, she made a place that seemed to be in the middle of nowhere and not have too much to offer seem quite the contrary, full of intriguing sites to explore! I have come back to Marcia's Bed and Breakfast numerous times, I enjoyed it so much. If you haven't seen the "roundhouse" you must, perfect for a family with kids or anyone with an interest in repurposing spaces or a creative eye for design, this house is surprisingly exquisite inside as you enter what appears to be a silo from the outside! I have stayed in both of her accommodations and felt at home, peaceful and delighted with both!

A must visit location if not for meeting Marcia, a charming, genuine, huge hearted and accommodating woman!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dricha2
Reviewed 19 July 2010

My husband took me up to Ottawa for some hiking for my birthday. He found this little bed and breakfast and the reviews were good so we gave it a try. It was DIRTY to say the least. We stayed in this cute little renovated silo. It is a great idea in theory, but it must be too much for her to keep up with. There were cobwebs everywhere, I had to clean the toilet before I used it, and there was literally a dirty sock and candy wrapper on the floor by the bed. I don't know when it had been cleaned last, but clearly not before we stayed and after the last people. It cost $110 to stay there, and I feel like we absolutely could have stayed at a budget motel and gotten a cleaner room. Additionally, the morning we left the plumbing started to stink...we could not wait to get out of there. It is such a cute idea in theory, but in practice I think she needs to hire someone or close down.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melgngm
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I made reservations to stay for nearly a week, sending a$50.00 deposit that was cashed I then canceled almost 2 months prior to my stay and never reserved my refund. BE WARE!!!

Stayed: August 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank marengo205
Reviewed 25 August 2006

I stayed at Marcias bnb and it was a very great stay.. The thing that I remember the most was what a lovely woman Marcia is.. Her breakfast is good and her conversation is genuine and full of love for life.. You will feel welcome at her place and if you can relax, you are sure to enjoy your stay.. She has a couple of beautiful horses and you can feel as if you stepped back in time at her inn..
I recommed everyone try it.. The rooms are also very nice..
Great getaway..

Stayed: July 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Oak Park
Reviewed 16 February 2006

I have been going to b&b's for quite some time. Marcia's was a welcome change of pace. This is not the place for you if you want a HOTEL TYPE of B&B.

This is truly a retreat from the normal. This B&B is a truly on a farm. The Host is a down home lady that likes to socialize and welcome you as a friend. She treats her guest like family. That is why she has so many return visitors.

Please enjoy and me and my wife did.

• Stayed: May 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
romeoville IL
Reviewed 7 November 2004

The private cottage was a chicken coop. It did smell like an animal was there before us. The water smelled. In front of the tv there was a pole right in front of your view. there was not a big kitchen there was a table and wooden stove. I don't know if you could even call it a kitchen. the lady that owned it was a very sweet and nice lady. The breakfast was wonderful. But I recommend that you don't stay in the Private Cottage you will feel like you are in a chicken coop.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
4.4 km away
28.5 km away
La Quinta Inn Peru Starved Rock State Park
28.6 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru

Been to Marcia's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!