“Good Night's Sleep”

Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
“Good Night's Sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

We stayed at the Super 8 in Ottawa on a trip across I-80. The hotel had easy access off the interstate but still very quiet. We checked in about 9 p.m. and were greeted by Brenda at the front desk. She was very friendly and gave us a great suggestion for deep dish pizza...R. Grotto Ristorante. It was less than 2 miles away in the historic downtown area. Wish we would have had time to explore there during the day. There were also several other eating options within a 1/4 mile of the hotel.

Our double queen room was nice, clean, and quiet. The beds were comfortable, the shower worked great, and the room had a microwave and refrigerator with a small freezer. We did have trouble with the internet access, but were too tired to look into it.

In the morning, the woman at the front desk was very friendly again. The complimentary breakfast included pancakes, waffles, sausage, egg patties, packaged rolls, cereal, and oranges.
Overall, this Super 8 was a great value. We would stay here again if we were traveling through the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank scsagh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

I spend about 2 weeks a year for work in Streator and stay here for the great price, excellent room and superb service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank JeffBenner
Karen Z, General Manager at Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock, responded to this review, 7 June 2012
I want to thank you for chosing the Super 8 of Ottawa, Illinois for your overnight stay. My entire staff from front desk, housekeeping, and maintenance and I take great pride in our Super 8. Thank you for the compliments on your room, and on our Super Start Breakfast. I am so glad that Brenda was gave you a great choice for your pizza. The city of Ottawa, Illinois has many dining choices from casual to fine dining. I hope that on your next trip if traveling thru our area that you will stay with us again. You can call us direct at 815-434-2888 or go on line at super8.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2011

Hotel room was clean and very reasonable. We stayed here while dringing across country. They had a hot breakfast including sausage and a nice luggage cart to take our things to our room. If you need a reasonable place to stay, stay here. Staff was friendly.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Drkbella143
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

I am a member of Wyndham Rewards and travel to many Super 8 hotels all over the country. This is the best Super 8 I've stayed in by far. The carpets in the lobby, hallways, and room were immaculate, the bathroom had nary a stray hair in it, and everything smelled great! The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the room was spacious (and I was just in a queen room). All of the staff were personable and very helpful. I ran out of toothpaste while I was there, and I called to see if there was a vending machine or little tubes available at the front desk, and I was shocked to be given a free tube that was almost as large as a regular tube of toothpaste! I am a very light sleeper, and despite being literally right next to Interstate 80, I didn't hear a thing. The other guests' noise was quietly filtered as well, and not once did I pull out my trusty earplugs! The only thing, and I mean ONLY, was my own fault...do not park underneath one of the trees in front of the hotel if you don't want to have to go through the car wash to get the bird poop off. :) A wonderful stay, and I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Katie Z
Chicagoland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Rooms and building are clean - well kept property. Staff is great. Stayed here a few times, will return

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Eric H
Wichita,KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the years and it is always maintained to the top standards. The desk staff is very friendly and it's always nice to see some of the same people working there from year to year. Great location with easy off/on to I-80.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Shocker76
Schaumburg, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2011

Very clean and well maintained. Includes refridgerator and microwave, nice for this price point. Price was fair. The free breakfast is no great shakes.
I highly recommend this motel; for something rated as two stars Im not sure you can do better,

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Helo_jumper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
0.9 km away
24.8 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Peru
24.9 km away
Super 8 Peru Starved Rock State Park

Been to Super 8 Ottawa Starved Rock? Share your experiences!