“Awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ottawa
raveyroo
“Awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2007

They have bed bugs, yes bed bugs. I returned home, noticed tiny bites all over my legs and arms, went to the doctor and found out that they were bed bug bites, possibly scabies. The first thing the doctor asked me jokingly was if I had been sleeping in any dirty hotels. Our room was dirty and the bedding looked like it was from 1985. If there is no availability anywhere else, sleep in your car!

• Liked — Im sorry, nothing!
  • Disliked — The fact that I came home with bed bug bites !!!
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank raveyroo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Naples, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2007

I booked this room at the Comfort Inn guest privileges website. I booked one room for 3 nights and an additional room for 1 night using points. We had stayed at this property 3 years prior over the Christmas holiday. Upon arrival we had to be moved to a different room as they had put us on the 2nd floor and there were no elevators. The mattress was totally lacking of any support and when I later joined my husband we found that springs would poke upward when either of us moved. When trying to use the iron we found it to be filthy covered in dark colored dust. The ironing board was also filthy and we had to use the "bath" towels to cover it in order to iron. I went to the desk to ask for additional bath towels since we had used the 2 provided to iron. I was treated as though I was stealing their towels! I also told the desk clerk about the mattress and he just smiled. There was no offer to change our room even though there were only 5-7 cars in the parking lot and we were staying 2 additional nights.

After attempting to eat at their continental breakfast we decided to check-out! Several of the baskets which are supposed to contain food were shoved into the corner empty! The "juice" (Tang or KoolAid) was watered down and there was no fruit or any type. The batter for waffles was so watered down that it didn' t work in the waffle iron instead we had the lacy edges only! There were numerous whole bagels in the trash when I went to deposit the "waffle". Another family came down while we were there and picked up a bagel which she immediately threw in the trash and told her son they would go out to breakfast.

Upon returning to our room which contained a 100% satisfaction guaranteed placard, I decided to call the national reservations line for assistance. Since it was a holiday weekend, there was no one available through Guest Privileges. I told the reservation agent of our experience and she urged us to call customer service after the weekend and they would take care of things for us. There was no other property closer than 45 minutes away so we began searching for another hotel.

I went to the front desk and spoke with an elderly Indian man on duty. As I explained to him our dissatisfaction with our stay he acted as if he could barely speak English. I told him that since nothing was being done we were checking out. I also cancelled the additional room for the next night. I asked for documentation of our checking out and he provided none.

We went to the Hampton Inn Ottawa where we had a very nice stay and found the room lovely, food very good, and staff exceptional. So rather then having a free stay at the Comfort Inn, we had to pay an additional $300 to the Hampton Inn!

Worse than this is the fact that customer service through Comfort Inn Guest Privileges has refused my request to redeposit my points since we didn't stay there the additional nights. According to their guidelines, cancelling the additional room prior to 6pm should have resulted in no loss of points. I lost 4 nights worth of points, had to pay out of pocket for the Hampton Inn, and have been told by customer service there is nothing they can do. I urge any one considering the Comfort Inn Ottawa to avoid it like the plague! They do not honor their 100% satisfaction guarantee and I feel we were cheated!

Stayed December 2006
5 Thank DaisyErie
Hebron, KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2006

This place gives a bad name to other Comfort Inns. We have several complaints about this place, any of which taken individually probably sound petty, but they all added up to an unpleasant stay.

We arrived at 1:30 p.m. hoping to check in early, but the man at the desk pointedly looked at the clock and informed us that check-in wasn't until 3:00. No offer to check to see if the room was available. We understood that we were early, but most places are a little more accomodating.

When we did come back to check in, I had made a mistake and booked a smoking room and was told that they couldn't possibly change us (even though looking at the parking lot there didn't seem to be very many people staying there).

The motel is not filthy, but certainly not the cleanest place we've ever stayed. They really seem to be cutting corners wherever they can. One small bottle of shampoo (no conditioner or lotion), one face cloth/towel per person, one pillow per person, no blankets. At breakfast, the milk was made from powdered milk and the OJ was so watered down you could hardly tell what it was. The batter for the waffles was so thin that it stuck to the gridle. Everything else at breakfast was low-cost. No fruit.

All of the staff spoke with such bad accents that we had a terrible time understanding them.

• Liked — Close to the interstate.
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank TullyToo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2006

My husband and I spend several weekends a year in Ottawa to visit a group of friends in the area. Recently we had the misfortune of having to stay at the Comfort Inn because no other hotels had availability. This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. I was afraid to walk around in my bare feet. The rooms were filthy, and the staff rude. The towels felt like sand paper.

Spend a few more dollars and go to the Hampton Inn or the Holiday Inn Express across the highway.

TRUST ME!

• Liked — The best part was the location.
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Tips/Secrets — Stay away!
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank Lizzz
Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2006

The worst thing about this hotel is the service. After swimming in the pool, I went to the front desk and asked for extra towels. What I got was a huge sigh. He wanted to know why I needed more towels. I didn't think that this was going to be a big deal, but it was appearently. In fact whenever I had a question about something, I got the same big sigh and attitude. There was one nice woman that worked there, but I rarely had dealings with her. The only other thing that I would complain about is the breakfast. The milk and OJ tasted like water. The rooms were fine.

I did not feel welcome in this hotel at all. Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else.

Stayed June 2006
7 Thank CutzJackson
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2005

Avoid this hotel!! It was very dirty, the staff was awful, overall bad experience!!!

• Stayed July 2004
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2005

Very dissapointed with the level of service (rather, lack of service) at this comfort inn during the weekend that we stayed. Our room was not vaccumed, the air conditioning didn't work (it was 92 degrees with 98% humidity - we slept with the window open and the hotel wouldn't do anything about the problem), and the blanket on our bed was dirty. The staff didn't speak much english, which isn't a horrible problem in itself, but they were extremly rude on several occasions and always acted as if we were always intruding on them. We certainly weren't treated as guests...

In addition, there were several areas of the hallways/stairwells that were being repaired while we were there. There was plaster all over the floor (hallways and stairwells also filthy/unvaccumed) and the buckets of supplies they were using to repair the walls were left out all weekend (hazard for tripping). Altogether, I would never recommend staying here - simply not worth the price...

• Stayed June 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ottawa
0.9 km away
22.3 km away
Starved Rock Lodge & Conference Center
24.8 km away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Peru

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!