“Excellent innovative”

Ranked #33 of 158 Restaurants in Palatine
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Seafood
Good for: Bar Scene
Description: Sushi-Ai is Palatine's premier Sushi and fine dining experience. With over 70 different dishes to choose from and a contemporary bar, Sushi is an excellent way to start the night. Join us today for the finest Sushi in Chicagoland.
Reviewed February 22, 2016 via mobile

I've driven by this mall a thousand times and finally wife and I decided to see what was here. We discovered a gem. The decor is really quite pleasing and usually I usually don't care about the decor as long as the place is clean. The store front is quite small though and it's at a corner of what was the now closed Dominicks. Their sushi roll selection is incredible. Besides the usual they have numerous ones using black and white rice, non seaweed wrap using soy wraps. We had a salmon scallop roulade which came out on like a thin fried tortilla type pastry with a slightly sweet sauce. It was incredible. I usually couldn't care less about presentation either but these unique rolls were really very pleasing to the eye. Prices weren't bad and you can order small rolls which are about 6-8 pieces and larger ones. Had a very interesting chocolate Tartufo dessert . Again not your usual sushi restaurant desert stuff. Server was incredibly pleasant and attentive. Tea cup always kept full. Best sushi I've had in years. This is going to by our default to go sushi place. Ai means "love" the owners, chefs, servers have created an experience you will love.

Reviewed February 18, 2016 via mobile

This was just a perfect dinner plus it helped that I had a coupon from groupon. Michael was my waiter and he always had a genuine smile on his face. I enjoyed every roll of sushi I had today. The only negative, I forgot to take a picture with the samurai at the entrance. I will be back! !!

Reviewed October 26, 2015

This place is perfect; great staff and outstanding food. Their raspberry sakitini is delicious. They have the best house salad served in a wonton bowl and over the top stuffed mushrooms. They serve cooked meals as well as sushi and all come in large or small sizes. My favorite sushi for those that shy away from raw fish is the "Dirty Old Man" It may be a little out of the way for some but it's worth the drive.

Reviewed June 4, 2015

I had a groupon so thought I would give it a try. Also, I had seen some very nice reviews of the restaurant on Yelp. The place is immaculate and very tastefully decorated. The glass of white wine I had was very nice and the waitress very pleasant. The two spicy tuna rolls I ordered had quite of kick to them and I noticed that a lot of the menu items had jalapenos - which I opted not to order. With the groupon it was a good deal and I would go back. Some nice romantic booths in the back, for couples or groups of four. I would go back.

Reviewed February 18, 2015 via mobile

I liked this place. We pass it all the time and finally stopped in. The sushi was beautifully presented and delicious, as well as reasonably priced. Our server had to be reminded to check on us, but I suspect that is because we went at the end of the evening. Reservations are recommended but there's more seating than I expected. The music was all over the place--1950s, 1980s, 1990s--we were giggling at how random it was. I'd go back for sure!